"TRUST ME, I'M A SCIENTIST; TRUST ME, I'M AN A.I."

Originally published at: "TRUST ME, I'M A SCIENTIST; TRUST ME, I'M AN A.I."

Well, settle in folks, because… well, because most of you sent in all sorts of intriguing and provocative articles on lots of stuff this week; so where the Gizars go, I go. And first up is this particular story, an article which starts us off with not only a whale of a story but also…

6 Likes

The Man Who Calls BS On AI: They’re LYING About AI, 2027 Is When It All Breaks! | Ed Zitron

this made me lol today on linkedin

All I know is when my attorney used AI to reference a case, I threw up my hands and said, “Hey, you want me to PAY YOU FOR THAT?”

3 Likes

In the old days a typical attorney’s office had bookshelves of expensive leather bound books with past court cases for research in siting his cases. He went to law school to gain familiarity with precedents and was required to retain a general knowledge of them in his brain, no longer needed with AI.

3 Likes

What if AI is used to interject between our conversations online in order to prevent topics spreading and gaining traction.

I don’t know let’s say like Ivermectin efficacy for example?

So Alice is talking to Bob and naively believes the communication is end to end secure, Alice wants to discuss a political topic and strangely Bob just ignores her or sends a non answer emoji like a thumbs up killing the conversation.

Alice feels ignored and insulted and stops contacting Bob as much.

See where this goes?

3 Likes

AI is your Panopticon Warden.
AI is their fall guy, their Patsy who pulled the trigger.
AI is their tool; to do you in.

Trust in just us; AI, everybody’s PAL!
P = ?
A = ?
L = ?

AI is Fake News
Literally

Our future will belong to an ‘intelligence’ perpetually on the Edge of Seventeen:

TLDW (Too long didn’t watch) A.I. chat can’t count the letters…

To all the folks that still think A.I. will save us… I say: “I’m a few years older than you, my love.”

1 Like

Can’t wait for the gaslighting AI responses which will no doubt evolve in time, “No it was the way you asked your question. So you killed your field.”.

Hard to believe I used to think this was good stuff. :joy:

1 Like

Yep, computers peaked at the Commodore 64 level in my most humble opinion…

2 Likes

I don’t know, @Mohgarr, I’m a Trash-80 man myself. Loved those 8-inch floppies!

1 Like

I should probably revise that statement to 8-bit machines being the peak. I’ve had a TRS-80. Last month I bought a few TI-99’s (Texas Instruments) to play an old game called “Parsec”. A long-lost old friend had one at his house and we never “finished” it.

All around the C64 was more geared to home entertainment. The chipset/bus, SID chip for sound. expansion ports… Miss me some of the old days. Apple had better marketing, but not the machine.

Edit: the Z80 didn’t come along to the 128… Oftenwrong…

4 Likes

It seems we’re in need of new heroes.
Like the ones from Telemark.
But how and where can they be found? These days…
In light of current developments with this so-called AI.
Just saying…