Vidchat audio - Please find a solution Daniel

The audio is very choppy and it has been a problem for several vidchats already. Can you figure out what is causing it? Hardware, software, operator error, the internet provider, the host’s servers, the boys from the NSA?
It really is quite annoying.

6 Likes

The problem with Joseph’s mike/sound in recent vidchats doesn’t show up in his interviews with Dark Journalist… so wouldn’t that seem to be the platform rather than equipment?

3 Likes

Yes I doubt it’s the equipment… it seems platform related and others have pointed out Vimeo problems. I’ve tried to bring it to Daniel’s attention.

4 Likes

Hope @gizadev can help.

There did seem to be a problem with audio for the call yesterday, but towards the end when video stopped for a minute once that was restored audio was fine then.

Probably some kind of issue with vimeo, short term solution could be to use a backup tape recorder for the recording at least.

The last vidchat started having problems in the pre chat as soon as the topic of Israel came up.

1 Like

Just an additional update to my reply to Margaret: after talking with Daniel, he agrees it’s probably platform related and not the fault of our equipment… it may be, as others have posted elsewhere, due to “upgrades” and that’s possible too. As My sound seems to work fine in interviews with other people, he and I definitely think it’s something going on in the system outside our control. Another thing that indicates this is that people during the last vidchat, in various parts of the world, were reporting vast differences in the quality of their audio reception all at the same time. So please be patient with us, both Daniel and I will keep our eyes and ears open for any new and better platform that might come along, and in the meantime, I will play a bit with my various microphone settings to see if they help.

1 Like

I never liked Vimeo as it has problems with the player on so many functions.
Though the quality of the audio/visual is better than most other platforms I have always had problems with the longer streams as they at some point almost always will stop.
Rewinding or forwarding is a sure way to make the player not able to find the desired timestamp of the stream.
It’s a very confused system and it doesn’t take much for it to tilt completely.
So if Vimeo has added sound problems on top of that, I think it’s a safe bet to move on elsewhere
I know KJ Osborne is happy with “Rumble” , he releases his 3-5,5 hrs long streams regularly and I’ve never experienced problems with any of his material.