1420: Do you think the Germans who lived in Nazi Germany were criminal for supporting the regime?

1 Like

… see

3 Likes

For what it’s worth I don’t think so.

I think Americans are more responsible for our countries covert and overt actions around the world. We “could know” but most deliberately choose ignorance and propaganda.

2 Likes

Diff between Ger and the USA :

Germany : burned the Reichstag to consolidate power , the people cheer them on.
USA : they took 5 presidents executive orders to consolidate power. People threw a fit on Jan6 and left . 30% or less tho the state was doing a good thing persecuting them.

I wish people would have occupy instead of the Q storm.
Republics are all in name only all over the world. Its the Few versus the many all over again. . .

But the question is : Are they criminals? RE: Supporting the state is not a crime but you reap what you sow.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Relative to what they experienced during the Weimar Republic I can’t blame them for clinging to what was offered to them. Could happen here.

1 Like

''Let him without sin…"

Here is how Nazi lawyers, who were initially simply the German legal class, codified and legalized Nazi crimes and horrors.

YES, the population was definitely complicit in the criminal acts of the regime.

3 Likes

Actually, there were many Germans that had other political party affiliations that were placed in concentration camps and died! And, if the father had a history of a political party affiliation not in agreement to the Nazi’s his teenage son was also sometimes automatically just put in the concentration camps.

1 Like

just actually read the article, ok?

1 Like

I was just referring to my great aunt. She married my great uncle who was from Nebraska after he was stationed in Germany in the late 40’s. Her father was in a party opposing the Nazi’s, and he was placed in a concentration camp. Her 18 year old older brother was also placed in a concentration camp, because of her father’s political views. She said that both her father and brother died, and she almost starved.

1 Like

In the grand scheme of things, statistic counts. You need 13 % of population that is active (so called doers) to install a change in a society or nation. We are talking about that.
There was not enough Germans during the 30ties to stop a march of Nazism thru their country and to many willing Germans to propel a killing machine, that they become during the 40ties.
Nobody denies your family sufferings. There were just and sane Germans at that time, just not enough. You definitely should be proud of your family history.

1 Like

The question posed by 1420 is so general in nature that it doesn’t address the circumstances surrounding what happened in Germany in those days leading up to Nazi reign. Kind of unfair, IMO.

The interviewer’s kinda smug, too. I don’t really like the format.

1 Like