Are other people experiencing speech restrictions at local governments?

I am looking to relocate. As I have been checking into places I keep finding something I believe is significant. In almost every place, including where I live now, the government bodies are trying to shut down public comment at the local level.

Where I live is a kind of bell weather. I knew what vaccine passports were in April 2020 because the “health” officer spoke about them at that time. As of Feb. 2023 there have been some vicious attempts at silencing people at public government meetings here.

Just as the response to covid was coordinated from on high, I wonder if this attempt at silencing people is also a coordinated response. I wonder if the speech restriction command has come down, just like the orders about the covid measures. I wonder if this foreshadows that the powers who should not be are getting ready to do something big again and they definitely want to quash all freedom of speech when it happens. Has anyone else seen this happen where you live?

Many people have turned to local govt. to try to make change in fhe face of world govt. What if this avenue to regain power and retain some freedom of speech is being deliberately taken down?

1 Like

Assuming you’re in the U.S., what states have you found this happening in? Are you looking at urban, suburban, or less-populated locations? I’d think those factors would make a big difference.

Agreed, there’s sanity to be found in rural areas, assuming you can somehow find work.

3 Likes

That is a major challenge finding work, and then even if you do find that also finding housing that is within the price range of one’s salary can also be a problem.

I haven’t seen that much restriction on speech at the local government level where I’m at, but there are definitely problems with the government.

The last public meeting I went to with one of the county commissioners, she was upset about some hate speech about her that was completely inaccurate in blaming her for something she had no authority or influence over at all.

1 Like

One thinks there’s sanity in small towns - until there isn’t. I can’t answer Ahzeld’s original question but am not surprised.
I am currently facing a spinoff of sorts of that problem. Ohio, like many states, allows for towns to choose electric power aggregation programs, & my small college village (to give you a picture, the president of the local university has a seat on the Council on Foreign Relations, among other wonderfully special features of this place - I didn’t choose to move here, life forced me to it) has chosen to go with an energy conglomerate out of Texas that uses nuclear power plants. My husband was a brilliant but voluntarily impoverished radiologist who was adamantly opposed to nuclear weapons/power plants/you name it.

So silly me, I signed up to opt out of going with this probably “net zero” or otherwise environmentally hip provider - I also don’t like the conglomerate, it’s basically owned by Wall Street & was behind the power outage scandal in Texas of 2021. So I responded to a letter from the Village clerk telling us all if we have any sense to sign up for this provider “or else you’ll be paying a 1/4 times higher power rate per kWh.” She predictably replied as if I were a clueless dummy, and “everyone else, including the university community who are all smarter & richer than you (many Biden liberals), is going along with this.” Plus did an appeal to authority - she cc’d her reply to me to the guy who handles “energy consulting” for the village.
So mine wasn’t as bad as Ahzeld’s but it was a “sit down & shut up” reply anyway. BTW, I know of another university town in Indiana - Crawfordsville - that went w solar fields - which if you’re going green, make more sense to me than nuclear. Also more local control, not distant global investors …
If anyone has experience w these ill-thought-out aggregation programs, I’d love to hear better news …

2 Likes

That is so annoying, one of the main problems in communication especially when it is remote over the phone or with the internet, it can happen in person too but with in-person meetings there is more opportunity for legitimate confrontation over serious problems. Really difficult to try to resolve problems with people when one has been permanently labeled as a clueless dummy, that is a violation of essential human dignity and in my opinion should never be tolerated. Unless of course someone really is just clueless, but that would need to be proved in court to be considered valid.

In Washington State the medical commission is the only institution I know of that doesn’t invite in-person meetings anymore because of things getting out of hand with some protestors.

Haven’t been to the capitol for a long time, the county commissioner says they mainly just enforce State mandates so for legitimate activism to make any progress in changing anything seems like that needs to start at the state level at least for large-scale problems not individual issues.

1 Like

edit

@FiatLux in case you didn’t see already you got a reply from @Ahzeld listed below what I was talking about but your name wasn’t tagged at first.

Hi, The states I have seen this are: TX, ID, WY, TN, MT. I am looking at small communities such as where I live now and 50,000 plus or minus.

In TX we have so called Regional “Governments” which are unelected, self appointed bodies. We have a RG satrap who is renaming streets, bringing in uniformity of everything and instituting Carbine 911 systems equivalent (See Whitney Webb on this topic.) The satrap attends our commissioner court meetings via zoom or in person. The Regional Government is, from what I can tell, the conduit for UN sustainable development goals. I have looked at two RG sites in TX and their wording is the same, showing this agenda is not unique but is being set by higher ups.

With people trying to get health freedom (from the WHO as an example) and stop corruption at the local level, it makes sense that global/corporate entities would try to stop us from implementing this in our areas.

The problem is that many of the people who broke their oath of office and smashed our rights during covid got voted back into office. They are known servitors and they are happy to serve in this capacity again. That is my opinion of what is going on.

The medium and large cities seem slated to become “SMART”.

3 Likes

I feel for you! Yes, having people on the council of foreign relations ruling your town must be just fabulous!!!

Sorry FiatLux, I replied in the wrong place. My reply is below, as of now, the last post. I apologize for this mistake.

This is interesting about self-appointed regional governments acting as a conduit for the U.N. agenda.

Don’t know if you’re considering Washington as a state to relocate to or not, Oregon is probably the better state on the west coast in terms of opportunity for freedom of speech and smaller scale cities, Portland being about half the scale of Seattle.

Little towns can be good but influence from major cities on state governments can overwhelm what politicians representing rural areas can accomplish.

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it!

Sure, hope you can find a good place to relocate to.

About freedom of speech for public comment at the local level, what have you seen in these attempts to silence people, how do is that being done?

Even when people can speak freely to the public, this doesn’t seem to mean much if no action is taken based on anything they say, assuming what they say is even true.

This is sort of off topic but I was recently arguing some with one of my neighbors, who yelled a lot of insults and accusations at me, which of course is completely legal for anyone to do. Even if this is harassment, technically freedom of speech allows that to a certain extent if it’s only verbal/written or protest art.

Then he pushed me in the back when I was walking away from him, I pushed him back and he didn’t try to push me again, but then after some more arguing I left.

This whole thing seemed way uncalled for so I called emergency dispatch, deputy asked me about if I wanted to press charges of assault for that which I initially said no to, but now I’m thinking it might be best to go ahead and press charges so we can go to court and see if any of our problems can be resolved there.

Anyway just mention that in regards to problems with these so-called “vicious attempts” to silence people, are you talking about physical aggression or threats/intimidation tactics?

If it gets to that level then sometimes going to court becomes an option which isn’t the case with lower level conflicts, the prosecutor office needs a sheriff report first before they’ll schedule any court hearings.

I’m sorry about what happened w/your neighbor and hope this will work out.

In my town I am talking about what is called a commissioner court judge and commissioners (not all of them) who have tried to ban public speaking against the TX open meetings act. They also try other ways to prevent anyone speaking. Some people don’t speak because they don’t know what is happening is unlawful.

They use intimidation which is scary. It comes w/consequences when you speak out. Because this town is owned by old families whom many people have reason to fear, it is important to speak out. People will think they are alone when actually others do feel as they do.

Our local newspapers refuse to print anything against the shots. They did used to allow some letters to the editor but that has stopped dead. Now there is no information. They only make recommendations that everyone, to include children and babies, should take them and where to get them.

This is a newer development and I’m not sure what happened. This is another reason why I think an “order” has come down that these people are all following. They are willing to serve (I think they get paid for their service). This is a disaster as many people are dying here and have been severely injured. People literally have no idea why this is happening. People tell me all the time that their friends/family are dying and they don’t know why. It’s the saddest thing I have ever been through and I feel so badly about what is happening.

Again, I hope for the best w/your neighbor.

1 Like

Thanks, I think things will be ok with my neighbor.

The newspapers can be an important issue, if that’s a primary information source for people who read these and believe their lies to be true.

Thanks again for your reply, I just wrote an email to the local county prosecuting office about this because the local town cop I talked to yesterday isn’t on duty now and I never got a call back from the sheriff deputy yesterday, while the town cop had said they were going to call me but that didn’t happen for some reason.

Automatic reply from prosecuting office mentions:

"All documents received by the Prosecuting Attorney are considered public records under Washington’s Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW ).

Here is that chapter: Chapter 42.56 RCW: PUBLIC RECORDS ACT

excerpt: RCW 42.56.060 Disclaimer of public liability. No public agency,
public official, public employee, or custodian shall be liable, nor
shall a cause of action exist, for any loss or damage based upon the
release of a public record if the public agency, public official,
public employee, or custodian acted in good faith in attempting to
comply with the provisions of this chapter. [1992 c 139 § 11.
Formerly RCW 42.17.258.]

Certain records may be exempt from public disclosure.

Email to this inbox does NOT constitute effective service of process for this county, the Prosecuting Attorney, or any other county official or agency.

About my neighbor one of the reasons why he was upset was because I did yell at him a few months ago to pay me $20 for driving him to a nearby town, which he asked me to do because he doesn’t have a car. Sometimes I’ve driven him places as a favor and helped him launch his boat for no fee, although I did say would usually charge $200 for launching a boat especially considering this was on a really tall boat trailer so risked my truck sinking to launch that.

This last time he came over at night to ask me to drive him to this other town, he said he’d pay me $5 for a gallon of gas for that, which honestly I took as an insult that’s not enough pay for taxi service. I said $20 was minimum for driving him places but he hasn’t paid me anything for that trip. Sometimes in the past when we’ve gone places together he’ll ask me to stop at a gas station just so he can pay them directly for one gallon of gas, which is really silly.

People who don’t have cars don’t understand how expensive they are to maintain and run, let alone run a taxi service with them I don’t do that.

I don’t personally know anyone who’s death can be clearly attributed to the covid shots, and have been yelled at by my grandmother for not taking that because apparently she thinks they save lives.

@Ahzeld I’m surprised that you’ve seen it in the states you mentioned: TX, ID, WY, TN, MT.

I’m maybe less surprised about TX, since it has a big population and historically has been more of a focus for the powers-that-be than some of the other states. That’s my impression from the outside anyway. I’d never heard of those “Regional Governments.” That sounds awful!

The motto of the globalist smart-city cliques is “Think globally, act locally,” so maybe they and similar groups have put more effort into infiltrating local governments and administrations than I’d realized, following the Soros model. The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) is a real-life example – see Our Members - ICLEI.

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t get the impression the people in the area where I live now would take too kindly to the type of censorship you’re talking about. I’m in a small town in FL; the population of the county is about 150,000. In my experience, FL is a real patchwork, where the people, politics, culture, etc., can be vastly different from one area or county to the next. Though even where I am, the electric company uses smart meters unless you opt out…

I don’t think any place is going to be completely untouched by all the madness that’s coming down the pike.

I’m glad people where you are don’t like censorship. You must be in a place where many people are informed and have a will to fight back! I know Collier County is certainly pushing back very hard!

I just found a place in MT which uses, almost word for word the same language as TX for their UN/Federal govt. sponsored “block grants”. It’s very creepy.

I can also say is there is incredible censorship being thrown over the 5 eye and friends nations. This is going down and I think something really big is coming our way. This level of censorship is too big and too coordinated–all the way down to commissioner court level which is exactly what happened under covid.