Dog Lovers' Lounge

8 Likes

To our many special dog lovers here at Giza, please meet: Dog Chapel! With appreciation to all of the dog friends in St. Johnsbury, Vermont:

Welcome: All creeds. All breeds. No dogmas. Just love.

Please feel free to post your own dog’s name, picture, and/or stories here on this thread. Whether on earth or in heaven, our secret angels without wings are treasured every single day. They hearten us like no others can. . .

4 Likes

Thanks to Craig.

2 Likes

"Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.”

Those remarks are reported to have been made by Pope Paul VI to a distraught child. An article in Corriere della Sera, the influential Italian daily, compared St. Francis’ comments to Paul’s, and concluded that Francis also believed that animals go to heaven.

4 Likes

Not sure if it is true but this image was labelled as the final training test for German police dogs . If a dog chases the cat they fail. The poor cat must have nerves of steel.

6 Likes

Charlotte.

10 Likes

hard not to love a lab or a golden retriever. Charlotte is pretty now- she is going to be stunning.

The little black dog on my avatar is a Schipperke named Safari Dot Com (Dot). 17, totally blind and 90% deaf at this point. She is still my sidekick. Then, there is the large population of Great Pyrenees. Here is Beretta letting CAF know what she thinks of the latest Solari Report on lab grown meat.

10 Likes

She’s 1 today.
Yeah, she rules !

4 Likes

Aww, awesome !
17 ? Wow.

2 Likes

We need a doggie. Our Oscar crossed the Rainbow Bridge October 2021.

9 Likes

Long haired dachshunds are extremely cool dogs. One of my best friends had one growing up. I bet you miss him. I have lots of dogs and it really hurts to lose even the crabby dogs I have rescued.

6 Likes

He’s actually a smooth tweeney with some wild A** hair in certain parts. He passed one week shy of 18. He kinda turned into your Safari Dot Com. Special needs dog, back surgery due to IVDD at 8 years old. Had to crate him for 8 weeks twice in his life. Gave him hydro therapy in the bath tub, took him out all hours of the day using s sling. Had a wheelchair for him, etc…. Couldn’t hear, walk or see but oh he was so loving❤️ Thanks @justawhoaman

We also had another Dachsund before him that we rescued and boy is that a story. Love Dachsunds❤️

We think it’s getting time for another Daschund😊

5 Likes

She is almost 5 months now.
The sun is shining and there is no rain! Lets go outside!

So with my bike + Doggyride we cycled to the forest today. There were a lot of people and dogs outside on this autumn sunday.

12 Likes

The Dutch still love their bicycles, yes ?

1 Like

I love the doggy ride and I’m sure the doggy loves it too.

2 Likes

Alsatians are awesome. I’ve had three and a golden, they were all wonderful

Tiger was No 1 - she was huge.
tiggy

Then came Ben (aka our grubby necked Romeo)

He loved to flip the cookie on his nose and catch it.

Beautiful Sadie followed, she was a stunning blue sable.

And lastly dear Robyn who became our village cuddlehound.

We were hugely blessed by them. So many memories, miss them so much.

9 Likes

Beautiful doggies @undine , love them all and each with their unique personalities.

4 Likes

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your Oscar…

3 Likes

@vardas3 thank you Dr. Farrell! We love our doggies so much and we think it’s time for another one (maybe two). Oscar was special needs and I think we needed a break.

2 Likes

This is a song that dogs supposedly like and respond to…

3 Likes