Dog Lovers' Lounge

8 Likes

I am careful with what content my pup gets exposed to on the social media.
Before you know it she might be a woke doggy, stressing the cows because of climate change and pissing against treeā€™s like a man.

4 Likes

Very smart! You also have to be careful of those woke obedience schoolsā€¦ Just look what happened to Daisy

7 Likes

Oh no!!
With my other dogs we did go to obedience school. But this time my pup is being home-schooled.

We both like watching the Youtube channel of Stonnie Dennis the dog trainer in Lexington, KY. That is our kind of dog handler.

6 Likes

You make me remember my airedale, Molly, who used to go nuts if ANY animal came on the boob tube. If you watched a western, see would run up to bark at the horses and cows and she went wild with the MUPPETS! Lol. Miss that dogā€¦ well, miss all my dogs that have crossed over Rainbow Bridge! First dog at age 5 and now (ok @neru ) at my age, I have had a TON.

4 Likes

Marcus (cream) and Mojo spruced up for Christmas past, I no longer dress them up most of you will be pleased to know.

6 Likes

@justawhoaman reminds me of our first Dachshund we adopted. Every time a doorbell would ring on TV he would bark his head off but we didnā€™t even have a doorbell, no need for one where we live. I guess his first couple years he lived with a real doorbell.

Had a Husky once and he was a great dog. I used to make him sing (howl) all the time.

4 Likes

Three rescue poodles that belong to the rescue charity I volunteer for.

11 Likes

I live on a ranch so two days ago they found a full sized deer out in a remote pasture, down to ribs, a lot missing so despite having (fill in the number that would make you go ā€¦ NO WAY!) Great Pyrenees here, the coyotes found a hole in the fence. Fence holes go both ways so we donā€™t let our dogs run freely everywhere. IF there are sheep, there are dogs, Cows or horses. Heck no; no dogs.

It is rare that my dogs donā€™t sing at night but lately they are like an orchestra getting ready for performance. You imagine wolves howling at the moon? My dogs, in 4 packs across the ranch, act as a doorbell during the day and, at dusk, one of those chorus numbers that start with the sopranos and end in the basses from the front gate (over a mile away) to these back fields. At night, it is a serenade started by the coyotes. They have gone from a chorus now to individual barking to let everyone know they think they know something.

In Austria it was German. Here it is simplyā€¦

Ranch.

Guess I will start up the "ecotonesā€™ to see if I sleep tonight.

(heh)

5 Likes

Our first dogs were standard poodles. Why would anyone with any intelligenceā€¦ never mind. Dogs do have a way of outthinking most humans who didnā€™t sleep with them as infants. sigh.

GOOD FOR YOU!

2 Likes

Thought this would be appropriateā€¦

9 Likes

FB_IMG_1700832591696

7 Likes

9 Likes

It is snowing in The Netherlands!
So Maple and i went outside in the middle of the night.
What a joy to see my dog discover snow for the first time. Since it is dark i could not take a photo. So i am sharing a photo of my other best friend. Golden retriever girl Dhara. I shot these photos the day before she passed away. She died 15 December 2017 and this is how i remember her.

9 Likes

Finally, a poodle owner. I canā€™t share pictures of my Leda miniature black poodle; they are old-fashioned paper pictures, and they are overseas. I got her for my high school graduation gift. My father didnā€™t know, when he found out he wanted to throw her out of the house, I said if she goes, I go too. Later on, she basically become his dog. I miss her terribly. Sheā€™s been gone for a while, now.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a cat, probably assumed the dogs were inferior to him.

3 Likes

P.S. My sisterā€™s bull arab mastiff when a pup when to a puppy school. He annoyed the organisers by running up to the graduation table and spilling the award certificates on to the ground.

3 Likes

What a beautiful girlā€¦ I am sorry you lost herā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry I overlooked your lost, rambling on about cats etc ā€¦ I am sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

With thanks to Sal2lee.

3 Likes