Easter, the queen of heaven and the whore of Babylon

I fully realize this might be offensive to some though this is not my intention at all, but instead is to provoke critical thinking around what has been handed down to us

There are many names for the goddess of spring fertility:

Babylon and Egypt gave us:
Ishtar and Isis

Greece and Rome gave us:
Aphrodite and Venus

German paganism gave us:
Eostre (where we get the name Easter)

German pagans conquered Rome:
Eostre merges with the Virgin Mary

Rome and the other traditions:
Carry forward this christianized goddess

The Easter hare or rabbit is considered sacred to the pagans because of its fertility

The Easter egg is connected to the Orphic egg which is associated with the serpent

Symbols have meaning and power whether the unaware know it or not

All of these pagan symbols were graphed in and given a Christian makeover

For the Christian, we’re commanded to reject man made traditions and celebrate only 2 things in scripture…baptism and the lords supper

Traditions such as Christmas and Easter perhaps started off well enough but will always reveal their true nature especially as the eschaton draws near

This queen of heaven with her rabbit and eggs is the whore of Babylon of The Revelation

The spirit of Easter as spelled out above correlates with the spirit of the mother/child dying and rising sun god mythos and should be called out as such and rejected by those who hold to a New Testament based orthodox Christianity

Truth matters no matter how inconvenient it may be to our sensibilities

3 Likes

2 Likes

The pagan history of secular Easter is all you have written about and more.

On the other hand, for those who follow the Lord Jesus Christ and observe the time of time year - not the specific dates - see it as a commemoration of the voluntary sacrifice of Jesus the son of God at the hands of those who manufactured a trial, without lawful evidence, for the purpose of silencing him through torture and slow painful murder, only be defeated in the end by his resurrection from the dead and victory over the enemy of all human life.

2 Likes

The most interesting interaction with Christians I had were always the ones that chalenged the overlay. It made me see that you can’t confuse the overlay with Christianity notwithstanding how big that overlay is these days!

Oh good grief. Not Ishtar/Easter again! The modern Easter name comes from the Germanic Goddess of Spring - Ostera. She was celebrated in Southern Europe and parts of Anglo-Saxon England (we think, we know about Germany) until the converstion to Christanity at which point many of her customs like painted eggs and Spring flowers were rolled into the “Easter.” Similar to the “Pagan” Yule Logs and “Yule Trees” at Christmas time. As far as we know Ostera was not celebated much farther North in Europe, which as I know from experence living almost two years in Sweden, is likely to have howling blizards on May Day. There most “May Customs” or “Ostera/Easter” Customs happen at Mid Summer now called St. John’s Day. Like May Poles, Flower baskets and dancing. The Church moved the festival about 2 days off from the actual Summer Solstice on purpose but it is still basically “ModSummer” liie the name of the recent cult horror film. If folks are going to go on about the “Pagan” holidays at least get them sorted (this isn’t directed at the forum, but at the rash of this sort of thing that comes up every year). Pretty much every single Western Church (I don’t know enough about Eastern) “holiday” has earlier “Pagan” customs attached to it. When I lived in Veneuzela, there was a Saint or Santo at every rock, stream, bend in the road or bridge. Just like in Ireland where I live now. Almost none of those “Santos” are recognized by the Catholic Church, but they “live” exactly where the old land spirits or other smaller “gods” lived before the Conversion. In Ireland sometimes they are where “the little folk dwell” and in Iceland they are elves, and sometimes trolls. But you get the idea.

3 Likes

A hearty amen!!!
He is risen!!!
1 Cross
2 Thieves with 2 destinies
3 Nails
4 Given
We each must personally choose

Hilarious
Pictures worth a lot of words
Beware the egg

1 Like

Yes, there has been much man made “scaffolding” built up around the inevitable, unchanging and ever forward advancing “glacier” of New Testament orthodox as spelled out once for all in the scriptures…and while there are many convincing truths passed down to us it still requires faith as spelled out in Hebrews 11:1 and 6…

Fair enough…if I’m understanding you…but from a certain vantage point and with a reasoned perspective of the historical record it would appear that the overall outcome of the marriage between the church and state during and after the patristic era suggests an ample supply of evidence that much of the enchanted pagan worldview was simply imported into the church at that time with the end result being the infecting of the faith with a slow spreading virus from within taking an ever-firmer root over the centuries both in the west and the east until many traditions ended up being quiet removed from what we see plainly recorded within the scriptures…

Interestingly and not surprisingly…as this would pertain to today…as the enchanted pagan worldview starts to re-assert itself and as the Judeo-Christian worldview continues its long slow retreat as we’re so clearly seeing occur in our day…then we should expect to see an ever more outward expression of the aforementioned virus with it’s long dormant pagan undercurrents expressing themselves not only within the broader world in general as the church’s sway wanes as seen with the “trans” and “pedophile” movements to name a few but also within Christendom in particular as these once accepted and seemingly innocence traditions manifest strange and unexpected characteristics as the enchanted spirit of the age takes hold yet again…

Ultimately, all traditions must submit to scripture and be examined through the lens of scripture as the final arbiter of truth…I fully understand that those who set tradition as superior or on par with scripture will take exception to this…however…without final and unchanging truth to stand on we’re simply left standing on the shifting sands of a sort of subjective relativism effected by the shifting winds of human philosophy and wisdom generated by fallen human nature…the immutable Christ is the Word and so is his written word…

Scripture teaches the abominable mother/child dying and rising sun god mythos will stretch from Babylon to Babylon as it’s dormant seeds lie without and within Christendom as we should expect to see their re-manifestation as the eschaton dawns.

1 Like

I think I get ya…
Still…he will catch you when you fall…but only if you want him to…
Or…he took the fall so we wouldn’t have to…no safety rope supplied…

2 Likes

Such depth of analysis!!.. but yes, perhaps it’s just the old Gods returning…or Jesus just loves bungee jumping- or both… Considering the amount of editing and omission that went on with all the various texts, it’s hard to say whether we’re dealing with the apocryphal or simply symbolic… I suppose we just have to trust instinct… It’s certainly quite the Ride…

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re in the Republic…this map doesn’t cover that, -and I blame mobile phones/Computers & the Internet for the gradual decline in humanity’s ability to perceive the “Others”…

1 Like

Oh dear. so much to consider. and here i am still trying to get that 3 days and 3 nights between friday at sunset and sunday morning at sunrise. oh well. maybe it’s magic.

first day is Thursday 18:00 - Friday 18:00 PM. crucifixion.
second day Friday 18:00 - Saturday 18:00 PM. in the grave
third day Saturday 18:00 - Sunday 18:00 PM resurrection
the Hebrews have a luni-solar (Moon - Sun) calendar, so they start the day at 18:00 PM.
happy to help!

1 Like

That’s a quite blasphemous picture/photo you put out here @David8pies.
What’s the intention? Trying to change bio morphogenic field? shocking the medium?

oh, i know. Passover begins often on wednesday at eve. Thurs eve, Fri eve, Sat eve and rose on the first day. drilled into me when i was very young.

oh i think it is just for not to let Him get away with the resurrection. ‘for His own safety’.

‘blasphemous’? u got religious in the meantime Q?

1 Like

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ only in this life, we are of all people most to be pitied. But the fact is, Christ has been raised from the dead…

2 Likes