Has the Forum become a Cesspool?

Is it the consensus, as @thebeaver has suggested, that I “GO AWAY”, and thus leave this Forum?
Is it the consensus, that I am “squalling”?
Is profanity, such as the “F” word, now the norm here, and unavoidable, even quite OK( I cannot here employ the term “fine”) ?

@vardas3
@system
@gizadev

4 Likes

Consensus? One person’s comment does not make a consensus. Our community standards frown upon substandard words, however every community seems to have a few social deviants. Please forgive us.

6 Likes

You must stay WuWu, no one is allowed to leave from here!

5 Likes

The more the merrier.
It’s the context…
there it is.

1 Like

I don’t want you to go.

@WuWu

4 Likes

In a open space with “free speech” there will always be friction.
Different opinions and our egos will always clash when discussions heat up.
Imo its actually a sign of a healthy forum, but ymmv.

6 Likes

Trust me, @WuWu, old Houston, EBMason, TheBeaver, whatever that excuse of a person might be (I thought about walking away MANY times because of her arrogance and flippant attitude) please ignore her.

Those of us with brains have had to do it. So, Happy Thanksgiving. LOL.

8 Likes

We don’t think the Forum is a cesspool.

It is a lively collection of people who think differently about things (because we all have different backgrounds and life circumstances, which shape our beliefs and knowledge).

We like your posts, WuWu, and we do appreciate when people disagree with one another (without insulting one another).

8 Likes

Good Lord, running people of this forum has gone to her head! So no, “consensus”, give me a break!
Happy Thanksgiving all.

6 Likes

… Yes Bahri, the Forum should be renamed The Giza Hotel California Forum (we could say The Eagles have purchased the naming rights to the Forum - Hint - Fund raising idea!). Jocularity and Levity are the order of the day. Happy Thanksgiving all.

7 Likes

Since my paternal grandfather was Native American and his wife half Native American please excuse my lack of enthusiasm for this day of hospitality and family reunion. Seems the Europeans and their protégés commenced a Holocaust and genocide project on the native guests after the party was over. Umm…more like a celebration of death. Asked a turkey, who was being considered as the national bird…

12 Likes

Or something. While technically people can leave, they won’t delete or anonymize accounts.

I’d be hesitant to listen to a talking beaver…I’d assume it to be some dark magic,- Beavers shouldn’t talk…and if they do, don’t pay them any attention…

5 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes

Forever trust Who You Are,an above all trust Thy I Seek…Those who use their other body organs for thinking instead of their brains/minds are not worthy of your attention.In my opinion anyway.

1 Like

… but I would listen to an air guitar playin’ Roo. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@David8pies and @Scarmoge

I’m telling you two… You have to make me laugh (image collection is spectacular - comments: book worthy.)

5 Likes

Recently I was hungry for more content related to the metaphor, time and mind, rhythm and space so I re-listened to some of the 2015 vidchats and ones in late 2012. I watch for forum content consistent with these and relisten to sections of current vidchats that are similar. I don’t ask many questions about these subjects because I struggle with making myself clear cross culturally, but I so appreciate those of you who can.

4 Likes

Uhm… no WuWu… I don’t know what the upheaval is or was about…

4 Likes