Hitler Living in Liverpool he came to England to escape conscription and stayed with his half‐brother,

Alois Hitler in Liverpool Alois-Hitler-Liverpool

Adolf’s brother Alois who lived in Liverpool between 1910-1914 ‘Hitler enjoyed drinking at UK bar in 1912’ … Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler enjoyed drinking at a British pub when he visited the country at the age of 23, according to a new TV documentary.

Hitler came to UK in 1912 to stay with half-brother Alois, who lived in Toxteth, Liverpool. During his five months’ stay, researchers on BBC’s Inside Out show found that the Fuhrer, whose bombs would devastate the country in World War-II, visited London and was fascinated by the beauty of city.

He loved Tower Bridge and even managed to bribe his way into the engine room, The Sun reported. In her memoirs, Hitler’s sister-in-law, Bridget Dowling, said he was trying to avoid conscription into the Austrian army. The visit was funded by the money Alois had sent to his sister’s husband, believing he would visit. But Hitler took it and went on the trip himself, Dowling’s memoirs revealed.

Alois later confessed to Bridget: “Adolf has been hiding from the military for 18 months. That is why he came here to me. He had no choice.” But Hitler loved Liverpool, and even had a favourite bar, the snug at the Poste House pub, where he went for a pint. the snug at the Poste House pub,

Hitler left for Germany in April 1913 - after Alois bought him a ticket. … my personal thoughts … i would ask Joseph on his post " the Hess Mess " … could Rudolph mission been for a meeting that went along the lines like this " … i wanna see Alois ,he needs to talk to sense into his half wit brother " :smile_cat:

1 Like

Sounds very much a televised translation of Greg Hallett’s book, Hitler was a British agent.
I own the book, it is sorted under phantasia land!

1 Like