Israel—2023 “I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse

Israel—2023

By Hal Lindsey
As World War II still raged, thoughtful men and women were thinking about the radically realigned postwar world soon to come. There was special focus on the world’s Jews and a possible homeland for them.
In April of 1943, a relatively obscure US Senator from Missouri drew a direct link between that problem and the United States. “Today — not tomorrow — we must do all that is humanly possible to provide a haven and place of safety for all those who can be grasped from the hands of the Nazi butchers.” He added, “This is not a Jewish problem. It is an American problem — and we must and we will face it squarely and honorably.”
Two years later, that Senator — Harry S. Truman — would take over as President of the United States. His presidency was marked by major events and major decisions. Those included the end of World War II, history’s only use of atomic weapons in war, the formation of the United Nations, and the beginning of the Cold War. But from a biblical perspective, the biggest had to do with his old commitment “to provide a haven and place of safety” for the Jewish people.
Isaiah 66:8 speaks of a nation being born in a day. In retrospect, we can see that as a direct reference to the birth of modern Israel on May 14, 1948. Life Magazine described it. “In the all-Jewish city of Tel Aviv, Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion ended nearly 2,000 years of Jewish longing for a homeland with a great blow of his fist upon the speakers’ table. ‘The name of our state shall be Israel,’ he intoned, and a new nation was born.”
Just eleven minutes after the nation’s rebirth, President Harry Truman became the first world leader to officially recognize it. Truman later said, “I had faith in Israel even before it was established. I knew it was based on the love of freedom, which has been the guiding star of the Jewish people since the days of Moses.”
This began an extraordinary relationship between the United States and Israel. Not coincidentally, the US then entered an era of prosperity unprecedented in world history. When God first told Abraham about the land, He also said in Genesis 12:3, “I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
But today, Republicans and Democrats are openly questioning the special relationship between Israel and the United States. Some question US aid to Israel, not understanding that Israel is a strategic outpost of democracy in the Middle East. Help for Israel is help for us. For instance, in 1981, the Israeli Air Force destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor. In 1991, US forces would face Iraq on the battlefield. Because of Israel’s intervention ten years before, the US did not face a nuclear Iraq.
Deuteronomy 11:12 calls Israel “a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it.”
Zechariah 2:8 says that whoever touches Israel, touches the apple of God’s eye. It is crucial that Americans continue to stand with Israel.
1 Like
1 Like

@ColonelZ This is not aimed at you, personally, Colonel but, Netanyahu is a disgusting liar just like the vast majority of all politicians. When will American Christians wake-up and quit following this mess?

3 Likes

Ab Yisrael have no fear
Moschiach will be here this year

Hal Lindsey ? I’d be careful reading anything from him. He seems pretty controlled, advancing rapture doctrine etc.

2 Likes

And additionally, as I’ve pointed out ANY NUMBER OF TIMES Colonel Z, this dispensensatonalist interpretation of Scripture is a mockery of Christ and the Incarnation…if you understand that central tenet of the Christian faith, then EVERYTHING changes, INCLUDING those blessing and curse verses and to whom they actually apply… POsting such stuff on my website, while you’re free to do, certainly does not sit well with me when I’ve made this point abundantly clear.

6 Likes

I think that @ColonelZ post these articles just to stirrup a discussion on the forum board. Nothing wrong with that. The more voices the merrier. At least that’s the way I see it.

2 Likes

Discussion is everything here! I’m always all ears to anyone’s opinion and enjoy the pros and cons!!

2 Likes

Same here @ColonelZ .

1 Like

I certainly did not mean to preclude the post… in fact, I stated clearly that one is free to discuss anything. That said, realize that :“It is finished” MEANS “It is FINISHED”…

3 Likes

I believe so, too, Joseph.

For me, this is why I see dispensational as heretical:

As the Bride of Christ, we, His Body, have become the Temple of the Living God, indwelt by His Holy Spirit, through the sacraments. . . .

A false sanctity, a re-building of a Jerusalem-styled temple made with hands (for the fornication-earth-born Antichrist to rule) seeks to nullify and altogether belie our Lord’s finished work – where Love Eternal once for all penetrated Time: His Virgin-born incarnation through Holy Mary, His :latin_cross:Crucifixion- Sinless Blood Atonement, His Resurrection, Ascension and Promised Return. He prepares now a place for us to be with Him and His Father. He returns for us visibly, in the heavens for all the world to see, (no time for last minute reports or posts, then): as lightning from the east shines unto the west, thus will be the coming of the Son of Man. The Spirit and the Bride say, Come, Lord Jesus. This Love story is Our longing for Him, and His for us. :pray:

1 Like

Amen… and very well and aptly stated! Thank you. American evangelicalism has a LOT to answer for by pushing all the dispensationalist nonsense, as does Calvinism for its own versions of it…

2 Likes

@ColonelZ
Good early morning. I hope you’re okay; religion and politics, we know how this goes. Since the subject is alive and stirring, I’m going to drop a couple of bombs here.

I finally found a YT series that reflects my own personal investigation into these prophecies. I’m nowhere near finished looking up all the references but it’s very compelling. You might find this interesting. It is not an EOC interpretation. Take it for what you will.

P.S. Esp. interesting is the 2nd video, beginning min. 21:00.

1 Like

A Must Read for anyone acquainted with the Biblical Mindset is Hebrew Scholar, Mauro Biglino’s book, “The Gods of The Bible”. Due to incorrect translation of key words in the Old Testament we have come away with a skewed version of the O.T. stories!! :thinking: During this time of The Great Awakening, his book is one of the “keys” to unlocking how the Human Race became a subdued race, not realizing our full potential!!

1 Like

I’ve read the book. Like many others, it just poses more questions and doesn’t address many pertinent issues. Not a big fan. The ‘incorrect translation of key words’ might not quite be the correct description. There’s much more to be considered here, much of it probably before our very eyes, yet, we refuse to acknowledge it. Islam plays a very big role in OT/NT prophecies, IMO and it’s in our face.

1 Like
1 Like

The “God” of the Old Testament is NOT the Creator of All, but one is free to worship whatever “being” one wants to!! We have been brainwashed for centuries by those who have successfully controlled The Masses!! :crazy_face:

So tell that to the Antichrist and see how much freedom the masses are given.

3 Likes

@Morrisville
How many years have you studied The Bible?
With a Strong’s? Multiple translations?
It’s kind of important.

1 Like

Why does it not matter if we received a correct translation of the book we have based our entire Belief System on??? I strongly suggest Hebrew Scholar, Mauro Biglino’s book “The Gods of The Bible” for a clearer understanding of what the Old Testament stories are about. :wink: