Neil Young reportedly asks Spotify to remove his music over Joe Rogan’s vaccine comments

Good bye Neil. You wrote and played some great songs a long time ago. Have a nice life.
“You’re only as good as your last envelope.” - Silvio Dante

6 Likes

@bluefalken
Absolutely so true! One of the best shows I’ve ever seen was NY&CH.
Wouldn’t pay a penny to see him again though. Feel that way about the vast majority these days.

2 Likes

Good!
Give me Country Joe & the Fish any day over Neil.
Truth is I can’t stand Neil Young.

6 Likes

Let him rock in the free world alone. This fool is canceling himself.
I never listen to radio and have no TV in my house but i do have a Spotify Premium account. And i love it.
I really like the Spotify mixtapes. It brings me back to when i made them myself. And these mixes are great they are based upon my listening preferences.
I hope Spotify stays grounded and do not allow them being blackmailed.

4 Likes

He needs to go the way of the Dodo bird…his brain went that way years ago I’d speculate.

5 Likes

Who is Neil Young.??:sunglasses:

5 Likes

i liked one or two of his songs, when i was young…
he had heart, but definitely not the sharpest knife in the cupboard.

3 Likes

Neil young said this? wow… Well i guess no more Neil Young albums. With age should come wisdom. Guess it’s not true for everyone.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s time for them to pay up…you know the chief, the big guy.

Carole King’s pro vax song March 2021.

@Sal2lee
Noooo! I’m just now eating lunch!
I just can’t imagine people falling for this shitte; it’s not Vietnam, or anything like that. From anti-govt to pro-govt. Sad…

3 Likes

Auch! I never listen to this woman.
I am a long time fan of Van Morrisson and he is anti vax. He made an anti lockdown song with Eric Clapton.

5 Likes

It’s all part of the game and the players are revealing themselves. I never really looked to rock stars for advice on anything let alone Medical suggestion! What happened to the HIPPA law?

1 Like

… if you are interested in this thread you might find this title informative … David McGowan - Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & The Dark Heart of The Hippie Dream

… not just in Laurel Canyon … the Los Angeles area … Frank Zappa … plenty of weirdness to go 'round. … sad to find out that the supposed harbingers of freedom were pretty much anything but …

7 Likes

HIPAA was only Beneficial for certain people at certain times (it takes a village).That is what helped the biometrics starting with all your medical records in one system (Epic for example) and no one could see them especially family and other healthcare professionals (people who would advocate for you) unless you signed the release which was a crock of Pooh because there is so much more than just privacy in that HIPAA document.

2 Likes

I started out there years a go. I was a big Joni Mitchell fan and saw the Laurel Canyon and boy, it sure wasn’t what I was looking for😂 I still frequent the group.

I have the sense that Joni Mitchell always remained true to herself.

2 Likes

Hi Prof.!
As for the bands, many of them were simply played( yes, I know it’s a pun), some became corrupted, some sold out( at the Crossroads), and some actually resisted. The spiritual Sense of Fire of the sixties, along with the now long-forgotten White House hunger strike of Peter Coyote & associates, was indeed snuffed out in its infancy( aborted). Very sad indeed.
As for Neil OldHat, it’s likely that he’s just attempting PR for a new Democrat Demo Trac.

“Manufacturing The Deadhead - A Product of Social Engineering…”
https://bibliotecapleyades.net/CIENCIA/ciencia_psycho37.htm

— Warning: Reading this article may take more than 2 minutes!

3 Likes

I remember Peter Coyote as part of The Diggers.

Joni, who’s still living as far as I know, only wanted to express her true self, and learn to be the best musician she could become. She, among other things, studied under Miles Davis. A true artiste. I went to a concert of hers once; first time I heard a rock musician play the Çitar, amazing. She didn’t give a fig about anyone’s opinion( except when a reporter once tried to interview her for “Whatever Happened to those Forgotten Sixties Bands”[ or something like that], and she, astounded, retorted that she had just moments ago won several Grammys for her new album), and no amount of rhythmic clapping would get her back onstage for an extra song after she finished her set.

3 Likes