Neil Young reportedly asks Spotify to remove his music over Joe Rogan’s vaccine comments

He’s a Zen “Priest” now, and devoted to being an author.

Oh is he?! I didn’t know that. Figures though.

I truly believe that too Ellie, until she had her stroke. Now it appears she is not in good company.

1 Like

Joni’s overjoyed at having reunited with her daughter. That seems like fine company to me.

2 Likes

I don’t mean family company, I mean the music industry company that is surrounding her right now. If she had her mind she would never go to the Kennedy Honors, etc…

1 Like

Neil Young sold 50% of his songrights last year.
So i assume 50% is going to stay on Spotify?

2 Likes

this is priceless!
‘a British investment company, which has vowed to use his music tastefully.’
this straightly shows the sad fact, that the most tasteful export item of the Brit Isles is hypocrisy. neil got it for free.

wait! i searched! from mossapedia:
Young has lived in California since the 1960s but retains Canadian citizenship.[16] He was awarded the Order of Manitoba in 2006[5] and was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2009.[4] He became a United States citizen, taking dual citizenship, in 2020.

well-well. how quaint! he got the spoils at last, got decorated, got money, now he has to perform… poor neil

3 Likes

American: What do you expect from a Canadian?
Canadian: He’s a Commiefornian, not Canadian.
American: Oh that’s the worst type.

2 Likes

Well Golden Earing is not going anywhere. I do not see them going woke anytime soon. :grinning: When i play this song on my bike (i do not own a car anymore) it is like hitting the gas on the pedals of my bike. :muscle:

I’ve been drivin’ all night, my hands wet on the wheel
There’s a voice in my head that drives my heel
It’s my baby callin’, sayin’, “I need you here”
And it’s a half past four and I’m shiftin’ gear

3 Likes

And here is another one from Golden Earing. (who needs Neil Young?)
I like this one, the long version even more. This song is relevant today. The world has become a twilight zone. This song was inspired by a Robert Ludlum book.
(fun fact, Golden Earing was formed in 1961, Rolling Stones in 1962)

3 Likes

I was at Altamont and experienced the end of the hippie counter culture dream. What started in the sixties as an explosion in music, culture and spiritual exploration ended up as a “Gingerbread House” ala Hanzel & Gretel. “Tabrets and Pipes” (Ezekiel 28:13-14) were the calling card that a large part of that generation heeded. Yet, I must admit they still call at times even though I know what they are. “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” by Iron Butterfly. A promise not kept.

2 Likes

Croby, Stills, Nash and – oh, right.
Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Latest news that I have heard is that Spotify has chosen wisely. Rogan stays, the music goes.

1 Like

Yes i just saw his entire discography has been removed. Only a few songs remained and 3 albums remained.
He will not be missed.

2 Likes

Very applicable is Neil Young as the face of gen boomers abuse of their parents legacy… And America now, definitely more than ever don’t need no Canadian around anyhow…

Oh my G-d, have you ever listened to Inagoddadavida the whole way through? Longest most endurance song ever if music was a race. My dad played it on my twelvth birthday cuz Napster let you pirate music, and he told me it was hip. By the time it was over I graduated high-school. Anyone that listens through the whole song deserves a medal.

1 Like

Sweet Home Alabama… We need a northern version now!

1 Like

Oh no. I can’t believe she’s been suckered in to the COVID CULT! This could be construed as thee alien invasion.

1 Like

this is an alien invasion from the inside, through hybridization with the jab.

O yes, last month i was in the car with somebody and the car radio was playing the long version. We were listening to the top2000 that is every year it starts on christmas until the new year. People send in their favorite songs and for about a week you hear non stop the 2000 favorite songs. It is the only time i like listening to the radio. So this song was on number 1235 in the top 2000 list.
That song did not want to end. The last part was horrible.
Queens Bohemian Rhapsody is always i number 1 here in the top 2000 list. For years now.

Below is the start on the roof of the National tv/radio archive building. And then the countdown starts. It enjoy this because it is generated by the Dutch and everybody could send in their favorite songs, so the list is very diverse. From Rammstein to Andre Rieu and everything in between. And in between the songs you hear personal stories why people choose their songs.

1 Like