OK, WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH BUNNY THE TALKING DOG?

I have sometimes wondered about the multi-billion (trillion?) dollar “pet” industry…
Whether it has been designed to condition us to accept the same practices that we get trained to impose upon animals… (annual “check up” and vaccines, controlling, euthanasia, culling, etc.)

Your thoughts about domesticated animals having been forced to find meaning in other ways are worth thinking about, and it also seems there is a parallel with the domesticated human condition. I have come to a point where I think that humanity has been trained to steal purpose and meaning from other expressions of life, and by so doing, has destroyed its own meaning.

We once rehomed a cat (the dear fellow on our icon). He had been confined in an SPCA cage for 5 months, and no one wanted to take him because he was not responsive to people, and he bit and scratched people with his sharp teeth and claws. So, we took him. It took a long time to build his trust. He kept cowering and running under the bed or other furniture, as he wanted nothing to do with human beings. When we called his name, he would not respond, and his eyes, at the beginning, looked at us with anxiety and also some kind of disdain for humans. He hated being picked up and he was never going to consider himself a “lap cat”. It was a kind of spirit I loved about him, his spirit which craved his own autonomy and refused to be subjected to human will. When we moved to our new home, the first thing John did was get a cat door installed, as that is how this cat found meaning: being outside in nature. We decided that it was important for him to come and go as and when he pleased. I learned that to communicate with him, it had to be on his own terms. So, instead of trying to teach him human language, I decided to observe him and listen and watch how he communicated. I started to mimic his meows. Once I started that, a whole new level of interaction became possible with him. His eyes looked at me with a new light, something that conveyed: “Hey, you’re not as dumb as I thought”. When I “meowed”, he ran from wherever he was, to come and see what was going on. I found this communication process, what he was teaching me, to be a deep life lesson. And then, with this new communication technique, I started inviting him to accompany me for long walks in the woods, on an old deer trail. There was no leash or tethering involved – everything was on his own terms. We would walk for very long distances, at his pace. When I would get ahead, he would stop and meow, as if to convey that I am going much too quickly. Then I would meow back to him, until he would catch up. I had to be very patient during these cat walks, as I felt he needed time to sniff, and listen, and take everything in, about the sights and sounds of nature. In some ways, this cat taught me new things about meaning in life, where it comes from, and its profound connection with nature.

8 Likes

Beautiful film about a man who became very close to some wild turkeys:

My Life as a Turkey: Joe Hutto: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvccpd

2 Likes

It might even be possible to look at the Pet World for social engineering going on, right under our noses…

R

Microchip-Implantation-Dog-
images

OIP

OIP

3 Likes

It is interesting how many of us can feel the pain of the chainsaw! How that invokes deep, deep feelings of loss, and even grieving, as if we have some kindred and primeval connection with trees (and plants) upon whom we depend for our wellbeing. Why is this so?

I’ve become convinced that we have more (than the five) senses than we’ve been led to believe, and that the ruling controller establishment has designed a civilization that has decoupled us from our natural instincts and senses. We don’t even have names for these additional senses in our language, so that we cannot easily communicate about them, other than in nebulous ways.

A dear friend, who is a Zen Dharma Master, recounted a meditative (and what he said was a very powerful) spiritual practice he undertook many years ago, in which he walked around a plum tree in his backyard, non-stop, for 72 hours. He came to feel the powerful (and mystical) essence and spirit of the tree, and since that time, has had a different way of perceiving trees and plants, as spiritual beings. My guess is that that experience unlocked some of the other senses in him, that we all have, that have been suppressed by our culture.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the electronic chips….

1 Like

Good point, Bill! I did forget about the chips🤔.

1 Like

Hey Doc, thank you. Excellent stuff. Been watching her a Bunny a couple weeks.

Gary Paulsen wrote along these lines in beautiful concise books about his life in the northern tier with dogs and living in the wild. You are going to love him if you have not read him already. Then you are giong to pass him on to anyone over 10 years old and they will love him too. Met him years ago while working in special ed high school. Good guy.

Roger Fouts made all this happen decades ago with Washoe and wrote much later about it all in Next of Kin. He learned from teaching chimps and orangutans ASL. Later on he learned from work with ASD kids and an epileptic orangutan who had ASL. Split Brain Booey helped Fouts extrapolate that ASD is a toxin damaged Corpus Collosum that he could help kids compensate for with tactile and later visual ASD.

Leaving out all mention of elephants taught to draw water colors and one I saw last week that is spelling, take us straight to JB Handley’s kid and others who are basically mute from severe ASD. They worked with a progression of keyboards that eventually got them down to working a QWERTY keyboard where in “SPELLERS” it became clear that the kids were geniuses all this time gathering and grokking everything around them while being stuck in physical pain and unable to communicate. Now as they keyboard it is much like seeing Bunny or your bird by the door.

Um BTW, please do make clear that the little stinker Murray played you and had a laugh. I hope that guy is still alive and humbling everyone around.

Besides wanting you to delve into Jan Fennell’s ‘The Dog Listener’ and all, ya might enjoy @helpinghorsesheal. Worked for a guy like this in highschool. Trained with another ferrier like Ron these last 30 years. Something about learning to respect animals makes us better people. Joel Salatin has got it.
Thank you again and see you when I can.

ZDB

I almost forgot Bernd Heinrich and his genius living with ravens.
https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Raven-Investigations-Adventures-Wolf-Birds/dp/0061136050/ref=sr_1_1

2 Likes

Please Dr. F get yourself a session with Laura Stinchfield, The Pet Psychic. She is a pure soul and definitely no fraud- she may be a saint. You can have a real conversation with Shiloh and you’ll never be the same. Plus it would be nice for a discerning intellect to interact with her and her talents. I have had a couple of sessions with her over the years and I can vouch, she is the real deal. Her books and information on what her animals say takes us way beyond “I am” into understanding that animals have nuanced feelings and ideas about life. https://thepetpsychic.com/

2 Likes

Hmmm maybe nothing? Anyway, I accidentally pressed a button on the keyboard and this came out…Strange isn’t it? :thinking:

view-source:OK, WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH BUNNY THE TALKING DOG?

OK, WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH BUNNY THE TALKING DOG? - Latest from JPF - Giza Community

etcc…?

… funny you should mention the good ol’ corpus callosum … made up of white matter (there are two kinds of brain material white and grey matter). The white matter being primarily composed of myelinated axons while the grey is composed mostly of neurons. The corpus callosum is only found in placental mammals The corpus callosum allows for between hemisphere communication. At a certain point in fetal development one of two hormone “washes” occur. If estrogen then female, if testosterone then male. Interestingly enough the estrogen wash has little effect on the corpus callisum while the testosterone wash damages the corpus callosum. Result: there is much more interhemispheric communication in females. Yes Virginia, there REALLY ARE a number of differences between male and female. And Yes Virginia, the amount of interhemispheric communication REALLY DOES have implications for differences in cognition and behavior.

Along these lines see Left Brain, Right Brain by Springer and Deutsch - a very easy to read, understandable but highly detailed explanatory text on the hemispheres, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes, and Patient H.M.: A Story of Memory, Madness, and Family Secrets by Luke Dittrich. Patient H.M. (Henry Gustav Molaison) had an experimental surgery for the control of seizures and became one of the most studied patients in the history of neuroscience.

Incredibly fascinating are the differences in hemispheric function. If you want to see some amazing neuroimaging check out Diffusion Tensor images …DT image -1
DTI is a technique for locating white matter tracts in the brain. These tracts connect parts of the brain and it is very important that any damage to these during surgery be minimized. Extremely helpful to have a map of these for an individual beforehand.

3 Likes

Mind to Mind Doctor.Transductivity, hence influences.
Mind to the and over the from “ye over thee” matter.Transductivity, hence influences.
Mind to mind trans-matter “live or dead nature” so to say artistically or artificial, in manners of expression .Transductivity, hence influences.
In the cases of the parrot and your dog and you. In the case of Bunny the dog and his owner. Thermodynamics of pressure in these cases applies . Namely pressure tends to release itself, from high pressure zones to lower pressure zones. Naturally. Now put all this is in the domain and in the context,or situational connotation of electromagnetic waves. Of course, infrared waves are also electromagnetic in nature, right? Amaizing is it not?Etc…
But that’s not my point. Just the beginning of my point. :thinking:

Since,and hence latin influenced world of the so called West-ern culture under heavy influentia of latinic Rome So…His de rebus ulterius disceptationem exspecto et praevenio.
Latine non debilis sum, in alta schola subiectus erat…ДDoctorrр…

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with the animals in your lives. I enjoy reading them, even though I have mixed feelings about my own inadequate response to animals who have befriended me throughout the years. My enjoyment is also mixed with sorrow and my current loneliness for lack of an animal friend in my life.

The most recent animal that befriended me was a crow. I was planting seeds in my garden and became aware that she was watching me from about 6 feet away, with her head cocked to one side and a bright, cheeky, intelligent look in her eye. Something passed between us and I got the impression she was waiting for me to leave so that she could investigate the tilled soil for food. When I was done, I moved away slowly in the opposite direction so as not to scare her.

Later when I was sitting on the deck smoking with my husband, who was eating crackers, she landed next to me, about 3 feet away on the deck railing. I could tell it was her because of the look in her eye. She looked right at me with a sort of cheeky smile. I was so thrilled that I suggested my husband share some of his crackers with her. He did so, and that was the start of a years-long association with her and her flock and descendants. She was not terribly afraid of me, and would stand on the railing not 3 feet away while I put crackers out. I suppose I could have trained her to take crackers from my hand, but I didn’t feel it was my place to ‘unwild’ her. I also didn’t want to cause her further problems with other crows, as the male leader of her flock was terribly aggressive and would dive-bomb her while she was eating crackers I’d put out.

When she showed up with a bad leg once, I was terribly afraid she would die in the wild. I sent strong feelings toward her in hopes that her leg would heal. Next time I saw her, her leg was better. I was thrilled, however, some time later she showed up looking very much the worse for wear, with a feather knocked out of place on one wing and a nasty sore on the side of her head. I could tell she was not long for this world, but strangely, this time I didn’t even think of sending healing feelings to her. One evening, she came to my deck and perched on a chair close to the house. When she stayed there after dark, I knew it was time for her to go. I put out crackers, which she didn’t touch, sat on a chair and sang to her. We found her under the barbecue the following morning. I left her body there in plain site all morning, and several other crows came and looked at it. Then my husband buried her at the foot of a big rock near the place where I’d first met her.

I wish that I had done more to protect her, but I felt I had to respect her life and who she was, even though it wasn’t terribly comfortable.

Now my husband and I put out crackers for her descendants. I know they are her descendants because they are not afraid of either of us. They land on the deck and have that same cheeky, unafraid look as they peer in the kitchen window wondering if crackers are in the offing.

5 Likes

Thank for your crow story, they have long been what I can only describe as my bird totem. So many other birds have flown, waddled and pecked their way into my heart over the years but they were the first to make recognizable contact.

I consider myself to be one lucky duck!

:bird:‍:black_large_square: :duck: 🪿 :chicken: :eagle: :owl: :bat:

4 Likes

How funny! I tried the crow emoji a few times and it came out as a cardinal!

1 Like

THE BEST FILM EVER! I try to tell people to watch it (especially my assistant who can call the Toms thinking there is a hen they missed by the road- hilarious to see them puff up and drag their wings to a laughing human in a side-by-side). A definite must watch documentary for those of us animal lovers- or bird nuts, like me. I rescued a crow as a child and found them absolutely fascinating. Later, a course at the UMich Biological Station with Dr. Olin Sewell Pettingill sealed my fate and I never go anywhere without binoculars, a bird book, and a regional guide app on my phone. (I do mean anywhere).

4 Likes

Yes, crows are pretty amazing. Most of them are quite intelligent. They have a cohesive social structure and if you’re around them long enough you can decode their cries. We often heard them call in other local flocks to ward off eagles threatening their nests in the trees near our house. This came in handy when my husband was working in the garden one day when a bobcat showed up, walking purposefully along our suburban side street. The crows made such a noise in the trees that my husband looked up and saw it in time to move away.

4 Likes

exaclty. This is the logic Fouts used. He rocognized ASD kids unable to develop language as using sight and sound at same time was painful - coordinating sight side of brain with sound side of brain was painful. using sight and sound separately was not painful. he also noted that those parts of the brain worked fine and extrapolated that it was the message system between the two. ASD kids cringed and covered their eyes around sounds. covered their ears around light. his first experiments took young ASD kid without language into blackened dark room and do tactile signing for water on palm while quietly saying water. Then giving kid water. Made an impression when thirsty. Kids learned tactile ASL first and then spoken language next. In the dark. With aquired language, IQ’s rose and also revealed other useful insights. JB Handley has since done more with a similarly sharp people teaching ASD kids to use keyboards. Their documentary “Spellers” is good. Thank you for the reading tips.

2 Likes

Both John and I love that film. We love any film or book that gets deep into someone’s personal loving connection to any kind of animal. Somehow, deep, deep inside, I feel that we have a natural inclination to related to animals with love and wonder, and to connect with them in ways that go beyond just verbal language. The animals take us into a different realm altogether, and they have brought something incredibly precious, non-tangible, to our lives.

We sometimes donate to an American domestic bird rescue sanctuary that was set up many years ago by Karen Davis, who died recently. And that gets us to their blog, in which we once saw this beautifully moving story about “Cutie, the turkey”.

https://www.upc-online.org/pp/winter2019/cutie_my_precious_turkey_was_a_true_joy_to_me.html

When people get close to birds, it really is amazing what birds can teach us. (John once fed a lone hummingbird all winter here, – he named her Esmeralda – and it was touching, everything he did for her, including rigging up outdoor lights in the morning so that the sugar water wouldn’t freeze when it snowed).

1 Like

Cassandane, thank you for your beautiful, touching story about your dear crow friend.
I’m sure that one is never the same after an experience like what you had.
And, it sounds like the friendship was mutual on both sides, and that both of you learned about life’s mysteries from one another. I think people underrate the intelligence of birds, just because we are trained to disconnect with animals. I think it is a great practice to connect with individuals, like you have, so that you can get to know them on a personal level. And it is wonderful that you are now also connecting with your crow friend’s family!

1 Like