OK, WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH BUNNY THE TALKING DOG?

Amazing. My assistant almost got hit in the head by a hummingbird two days ago at my house. I still have salvias and a few other flowering things but I guess I should put out one feeder just in case (now that you say that!)

I just came home from an 8hour round trip to pick up two rams (Tunis) from just north of Waco at a farm that I have known about for at least 15 years. It was great to finally meet them. The number of birds were simply astounding: peacocks, guineas, call ducks, Orpington and Serama chickens. Probably others thrown in as well. You and Cassandane would have LOVED it. (But then, you would love my poultry house as well… or my house full of Australian finches, cockatiels and Stanley, the African Grey.)

It sounds like you keep a lot of different animals. I am trying to picture your home with birds flying around all over the place!

I love the idea of animal sanctuaries set up to rehome animals that have been exploited (and do try to support some of them, like the Home For Hooves Sanctuary https://www.homeforhooves.org/ ), even while I have overall reservations about keeping animals confined, all of their natural instincts thwarted to the human will (much like humanity has been herded and coralled). One won’t get me near any zoos or circuses or anything where an animal has been bred and exploited for human use.

You are right, I would have loved it. I’ve always loved birds. They can fly and seem so free because of that. The first bird that came into my life was a blue budgie. My parents put him in a cage near the ceiling of our dining room because my sister and I were continually putting our fingers in his cage so he could nibble them…and we wanted to let him out of his cage so he could fly around. He sang all day up there. When he died, I was so distraught I vowed I would never cage another bird.

Your place sounds so wonderful. I would love to live on a farm, and enjoy hearing about what you do on yours.

1 Like

Here’s a story you might enjoy. Years ago I read about an American who owned a huge spread in some African country. I don’t think he farmed it, and he certainly didn’t fence it because all manner of animals roamed through it, even elephants. Every day he would check the boundaries of his land and forcibly remove any human poachers.

When he died, a big herd of elephants surrounded his house and trumpeted loudly for hours. His wife said she thought they were mourning him because he had protected them from poachers for decades.

5 Likes

Circuses and most zoos- I absolutely agree. I have seen a few examples of animals allowed to live in a much more “natural” habitat but given thee amount of development in areas where these animals lived, I am happy that some are not being poached and genetic populations turned to extinction, so these confines are not a lot worse than from where they were rescued (caught). As for animals bred for human use, most of them have been selectively manipulated over time (hundreds if not thousands of years- usually with dogs to protect them) and frankly, I have a hard time with the woke-crowd who think something is bad about that. We are omnivores and animal protein has ALWAYS been part of the diet. Early hand tools and weapons are prime examples.

Here on this ranch, we have high fences to keep our deer confined. Given the level of diseases being generated (I believe most of them are "Covid-esque), we are able to sustain a healthy population. In order to do that, we cull the weak, the aberrant, and the overpopulated numbers (too many bucks or too many does) to keep the population at its best. We feed 24-7. We have added an Asian species, Axis deer, which will ultimately help us financially. Many people believe they taste better than beef (not me- I don’t like venison- and I will take the meat of our Angus any day). In addition to providing supervised hunts (we know pretty much every deer here), we can feed people who have helped us or people we know are in need. Others will help pay for their maintenance.

While I can’t stomach the thought of people eating horses, primarily because I have developed a special relationship with them over the past 71 years, the ban of slaughter has meant gruesome deaths for thousands of horses each year. Anyone with a horse will tell you that thee financial burden of keeping them and maintaining their health is not for the ignorant nor the poor.

@Cassandane Thank you for sharing this beautiful and touching story about the elephants. I have heard many stories about animals grieving the loss of friends, including interspecies friends. Think of how we humans grieve when a beloved animal dies. One friend told us about a crow who died in her backyard, and there then took place a very loud funeral – hundreds of crows flew there, crowing and crying, and circling about, and their funeral lasted for days.

@justawhoaman Thank you, also, for sharing some insights about your ranch, and also a little about your belief with regard to the omnivore question, and also the idea that humans have always been eating animals (you’re in good company there – most people will agree with you on both of those points). I used to think those things, too, because we were taught them in school and by all of our institutions. About twenty years ago, both John and I shelved the belief that we need to be consuming animals (the best decision we’ve made in our lives, next to marrying each other). And this was the very first of our beliefs about official narratives to be questioned and shelved – both of us feel that we’ve been living in a World of Illusions, and feeling very duped. (More recently, we shelved our past ideas on “vaccines”, “climate change”, 9/11, Kennedy assasination, the Giza pyramids, the Nazis, the banking system, the medical industry, the veterinarian industry). Some years ago, we listened to a presentation by Milton Mills MD (an American medical doctor), called “Are Humans Designed to Eat Meat”. We found this talk interesting, and it inspired us to ponder the omnivore question in terms of our anatomy. While Dr. Mills is a conventional doctor, who fully believes in vaccines and in the WHO official health narratives, I don’t necessarily write off everything a person has to say, just because I don’t agree with something else they put out. (If I did that, I’d write off just about everyone except for John!) Anyways, his presentation got me thinking about something I’d wondered about for a very long time which is: I completely and utterly lack a hunting instinct. Moreover, if I see a dead carcass in the woods, I do not find that appetizing (which an omnivore like a bear or dog would do). I used to think that my own lack of hunting/scavaging instinct was unnatural – as, how would humans survive without this instinct? I have an instinct to pick fruits and vegetables, and roots and leaves and nuts and seeds and grains, and can easily, without any qualm, put those things into my mouth raw. I have no instinct to chase an animal and sink my teeth into his or her hide. Nor can my teeth cut into bird feathers - a true omnivore seems to be able to eat dead birds, feathers and all. This really got me wondering, those many years ago, about the food narratives, and at this time, all I seem to be able to do is question what we’ve been told. I think the animal question lays buried deep, deep, deep in the past, and I think Dr. Farrell’s work on the Giza pyramids and the Nazi history, with mind control operations is taking my thinking deeper into this question. Along with pondering about other instincts that are being messed about too (e.g., the “gender” thing). Right now we live in a culture organized, at its very core, around killing. The question is why – deep in the past, our civilization was aligned in a direction not in keeping with our natural instincts, and Dr. Farrell’s work on the Giza pyramids have me wondering more and more about the elusive why. I don’t know the answer, but it is a line of inquiry that interests me.

It’s all just a mystery…

Your definition and description of omnivore behavior is interesting. Like indigenous people, we thank the animal before slaughter for providing us with sustenance. I would agree that many people are simply killers and have no respect for the spark of life produced by God.

Me? I can’t kill anything.

Very gnostic statement.

Ofcourse you can.And you did already.Some insects for example.Wich they all have in them “spark of life produced by God”.Right?:thinking:

That just might be a stretch, @Divergent. Fire Ants, maybe. I was guilty of killing insects for my entomological collection but the last one would have been circa 1970. Ok. I feed the mealworms that I grow in my bedroom to my finches…

Heh

1 Like

Did you grow up on your farm, Justawhoaman?
My Mom was raised on a small family farm that killed animals for food, and all of her relatives were animal farmers all on small farms in Europe. It wasn’t easy for Mom (or John’s parents) at first, when we changed our diet to remove all of the animals. But Mom and John’s parents did enjoy the meals that we prepared, so over time it wasn’t as big a deal for them anymore.

I could not live on a farm that raises animals for food, even if someone else slaughters them – despite even my family history with that business. I get too attached to animals – I can’t even eat at any table where there are any animals on the table. The only thing though, during our transition, we did not force the cat to join in our herbivorous journey – that would likely not have been good for him.

OK – try to imagine a Giza get-together somewhere, maybe a Giza conference – and there would all the Gizers be sitting at a table, all jolly and laughing and enjoying the food and drink and camraderie, and I would be at the far end of the hall, in a little corner, at a little table, with maybe just John and a bunch of vegetables! (I hope you’re smiling…)

1 Like

Some years ago, we read a fascinating book that made a case that the extraordinary animal (and all living) world was designed by an intelligent higher power (God):

Nature’s I.Q.: Extraordinary Animal Behavior, a book by two young Hungarian scholars, Istvan Tasi and Balazs Hornyanszky.

Here’s a short presentation where the author gives some highlights of his perspective:

1 Like

CrowBirdGIF
There is only a “Black bird” emoji, which is not even black but blueish. Giffs work.

I feel that observing wildlife and animals with love broadens the field of love surrounding us… in a way abiding in God. Does anyone else feel that?

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve missed this post; I have followed the case with the dog pushing the buttons to “speak” and “communicate”.
I was thinking about buying the device for my dog as well, but she makes herself understood very clear using her eyes as pointers, pointing with her paws and if she is annoyed she will find her inner Husky ( she is a Rottecorso) and argue her case that way.
And I was worried it might be just a little too much for her.
And when seeing how the story with Bunny unfolded, I think I might have been right about that one as Bunny, after going into a depression for months after realizing she was not a human.
Bunny would look in the mirror after saying " Bunny human yes" going “Who is this”?
So even though the dog is cute, the story is cute and the potential for dog’s brain development is far more than fetching sticks,and maybe serve you the occasional shoe on command, I think that too much too fast might result in things like depression and if not madness, that at least the animal might overthink things and the brain goes a little into overdrive.
And maybe this is a thing about us humans as well; if we’d entered " the next level" too fast or with a bang, it could simply be too much for us ,so evolve ,maybe with a little guidance from gods or God knows what beings that may or may not be around us at any and/or all times.
Either way, I think the account was taken down some good while ago,after Bunny’s existential crisis.
There’s been criticism as well, from marine biologists and dog experts who thinks some of the videos are edited,and asks why the dog was given a mirror in the first place and on and on.
But I think its safe to say Bunny the dog talked a lot of sense and surprised humans,and from the look of it ; other dogs who was visiting,just standing watching their buddy push buttons and talk like a human now :).
I have been thinking about animals getting smarter for years.
So much so I sent in a question for Joseph’s vidchat a couple of years ago,asking if he had noticed the same and what he made out of it.
I noticed that after my dog understood she could make herself understood by pointing her eyes ,that she would try to expand the hints and questions to concerning other things than “treats” and “going out”.
She would start trying to communicate in other situations and sometimes I just don’t understand what she means. and that gets confusing for the both of us.
Cause if I don’t understand her she will persistently try again and if to no avail ; lay down and sigh.
And this made me tone it down a bit,to avoid a situation like what Bunny had, cause no doubt; animals are getting smarter, but maybe we should let them take things in their tempo.
Knowing the human race,I guess there will be more digging and more “science” into the animal world in the near future.
Let’s hope they won’t stop loving us, the good ones anyway

1 Like

Joaquin these are actually some good observations and they relate directly to the idea of deification… great comments for a vidchat!

1 Like

Bless you, Jeana18, for expressing this profoundly deep sentiment, what is so very important in this technocratic age. What you have expressed is the essence of meaning in our lives. And, I think that once humanity evolves to a path of love for God’s Creation (as opposed to the current fear + indifference-driven path), our world will change for the better.

Here is a piece of music composed and played by musician/author Dr. Will Tuttle PhD, that expresses, palpably, his love and his wife’s love for animals (the background visual presentation consists of photos and her paintings of different animals). You can see and hear, in the slide show, how the eyes of this couple look at God’s Sacred Creation through profound and enduring love.

3 Likes

Bunny is only one of many dogs of course who have gotten these buttons to help them communicate with us.

Some say this is just thought behavior, but so much of their behavior requires a train of thought.
Like I had a dog ,who at 6 months old was home alone for the first time for 20 minutes. ( He had been home alone for 5,then 10,then 15 minutes)
When i came back home I found the dog lying on the floor with a big smile on his face, very content with how he treated himself to a decent brunch.
By first pushing a taboret to the counter to use that as a jump off to get to the counter, then opening the kitchen cabinet from there and shoving the items of interest on to the floor before jumping back down and enjoy a better meal, you just got to take the hat off for 4paw :slight_smile:
Cause this dog had never seen no other dog do this, and I know there’s never been no humans doing this in the kitchen neither,so the copy-dog thing is out of the question.
The dog simply planned the whole thing out by himself and executed in style.
And then theres dogs like this, who clearly use the brainpower to find the missing / right piece of the puzzle

You have the artists and Jenga players

The partner in crime of the youngsters

you have the real life Snopp Doggy Dog , who when the music comes on nods his head to the beat like an O.G

And, needless to say; they are great at judging who to trust :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A story about Oscar the cat who accurately predicted over 100 nursing home deaths.

In 2005, a six-month-old kitten named Oscar was adopted by a nursing home in the US to be raised as a therapy cat. However, the workers noticed something peculiar about him.
While Oscar usually preferred to be alone, he occasionally crawled into a resident’s bed and snuggled beside them.
The eerie thing about this is that the resident that Oscar would cuddle with would usually die within hours.
Initially, the staff didn’t think much of it, but after this happened 20 times, they started to believe that Oscar knew when someone was close to passing away, and so when they noticed the cat next to a resident, they would call their loved ones to warn them.
Researchers speculate that Oscar could smell biochemicals released by dying cells and so chose to comfort lonely residents.

On one occasion, the staff was convinced that a resident was about to pass away, but Oscar refused to sit with them. Instead, he chose another resident who looked healthier, and that person passed away first.

Oscar died in 2022, and over the course of his life he accurately predicted over 100 deaths.

3 Likes

Very good point.
I walked my dog as usual in 2021, we had been walking for 45 minutes or so when my dog started to tug my hand with her mouth.
I thought she wanted to play maybe, but she would do it again, then just stand there.
Then 4-5 minutes later I got extremely dizzy, like experiencing super low blood sugar levels and a concussion at the same time.
So she was clearly trying to warn me that something was wrong.
And there’s dogs who warns their owners when it’s time to take their insulin shot, or other medicines.
Seeing-eye dogs also do remarkable things for their owners.

2 Likes