On marriage, divorce, and birthrates

Not all people need to be, or should be married.
1 Corinthians 7: 1-16, also, see Matthew

3 Likes

I’m in this camp…it’s difficult enough to get along with myself, asking someone else to would not be nice.

There are reasons on both sides that are valid. What is not valid is letting the govt put us in such debt with their spending, that it translated into inflation for us, which translated into massive interest rate hikes, for us, which translated into having to make so much more money to make ends meet that the wife has to work outside of the home. Then, the wife comes home and works some more. There are wives who are so tired they can barely hold their heads up. These wives are not concerned about taking what a man has, they’re concerned about the real possibility of their physical collapse.

This is the basic plan to utterly destroy the family structure.

3 Likes

Being a divorce lawyer is a really difficult profession.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I feel like I’m the last person who’s qualified to talk about these things, so I’m relieved if I’m not totally off the mark.

@sunnyboy I don’t know how insightful I am . . . I guess my remarks have struck a chord with some people. I really dislike the superficial and “transactional” turn in human relations that I’ve felt developing since the internet was unleashed on the world.

@Bill10558 I’ve had the same thought at times!

1 Like

Thanks for that insight, @Marcusmojo00
I wondered if that’s what you had meant, but wasn’t quite sure.

Interesting, some years ago, I was pondering the same question about women going to work to be able to pay for the babysitter. Intuitively, and logically, it didn’t make sense to me. Why have kids at all, if one is to hand over their upbringing to hired people and institutions?

Years ago, I had read some intriguing books by Professor Scott Nearing, in which he and his wife Helen shared some deep insights about family life. After years of pondering that question, they came to a conclusion that, wherever and however people can contrive to do this, only one person (man or woman, not important) should have the outside income-earning job, and the other one to stay home to look after the household stuff (and practice crafts that used to come under the umbrella of “Home Economics”).

Recently, I re-read Vladimir Megre’s “Anastasia” series (written from a Russian divorced man’s perspective), who ponders questions about family life – what are we actually doing when we give over our children’s upbringing, during their formative years, to institutions and others, as people struggle for income. How much income do we actually need, was the Nearings’ question, and also Megre’s, if the person who stays home cooks the meals and sews the clothes and learns how to repair things, and teaches those skills to the kids, as in the homeschooling movement.

While a few people continue to ponder those questions, it sounds like you’ve been doing something deeply meaningful, by helping kids with learning difficulties. I’m sure that has enriched your life much more than the sales side of life. (And, I know what you mean about having to be competitive in sales. Neither John nor I have any selling skills at all. Whenever we have something we don’t need, we give it away, as we can’t sell anything. Someone would go bankrupt if he tried to hire me to sell anything!)

2 Likes

Thank you Christina, currently I am supporting a child with severe special needs, it is very sad, as the class teachers are doing nothing to include her. She should be in a setting where she can make friends and learn at her pace and developmental stage, however the authority will not pay. The parents who are very uncooperative have appealed but at the moment she is with us. It’s very sad. I fight everyday to have her included but the teachers continually ignore her and resist. So much for equality and all that nonsense.
It is worthwhile, I tell myself that to get me through the continual obstacles I face with this job. Its heartbreaking really as I fear for this child and those like her, how will they fare with all that the NWO plans to throw our way.
All the mothers work because they wa t either a career or a better materialistic lifestyle, or both, none of them have to work the hours they do. One mother put her 12 month old into a nursery from ,8 to 5pm. Understandably and regrettably the child waz incredibly insecure. The young ones especially feel a loss. It really is the NWO in reality and its getting worse. Especially with the Iinterest hikes alot of mothers will have to work, the amount of childcare needed has increased. Not having a mother around certainly has a psychological effect. Working from home also confuses the children, especially when it comes to boundaries.

2 Likes

I recognize that you know what the motivation in your area is but know that in my area, it is very different. Mothers want to stay home.

1 Like

Don’t leave us guessing!

1 Like

I don’t normally post but this has stuck a cord. My husband and I made an agreement when we were dating that I would stay home with the children for as long as possible. The “Mom Wars” started in utero…the stay-at-homes vs the career minded. It was vicious and I was utterly perplexed because the commonality was motherhood. It got progressively worse through the elementary years with Facebook weaponizing each side. As the kids grew older and re-entering the workforce became a necessity, I was shocked how badly the corporate world had devolved. I was less than in both the eyes of men (who resented my time away) and women (because I lacked ambition). I was treated as though I was mentally deficient by everyone, paid significantly less-on par with an intern-but was expected to be grateful because I was a “diversity hire” (needed to prove I had follow-through and commitment). Sadly, the young women around me are freezing their eggs and resorting to IVF (which the company pays for), only to return to work after Maternity leave, so they “can have a life and separate identity” and not loose their rung on the corporate ladder. It makes me very sad because women are lied to…fertility is finite, relationships evolve, and personal growth also happens outside of the office. Now,“Barbieheimer” has packaged the lies and tied them up with a pink bow for the masses. I pray for everyone because we are all damaged by the Mom Wars.

7 Likes

Are you talking to me?
If so, what you want to know? I’ll tell you.

It is a terrible situation, truly.

Marriage can be a lot more difficult once children are adults, for about the past two thousand years people’s lifespans were typically much fewer years than today.

It’s a situation where you simply cannot win. I too felt like I was hired to enable the company to tick boxes. At Law School some feminist lecturer told us women to walk out of an interview if we were ever asked about having a family. Ironically it was all I ever wanted and sadly never attained.
Women went into teaching in schools because this allowed them more time to spend with their children however the NWO fabian education system has put such demands on teachers that now they are overworked, continually assessed, drowning in bureaucracy and engineered to be militant/progressive. One mother I used to work for lectured her highly strung 4 year old on gender on one occasion. It’s just dismal.

2 Likes

I wondered what you do and what motivates the mothers to stay at home? No complaints from me on that score.

1 Like

I have no children of my own but all my friends do. I have neighborhood kids.
What motivates Moms: Family structure needed but not attainable, inability to discipline children; her authority not recognized w/o Dad’s back-up. Absolute total and complete exhaustion physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. The Mom works from the moment she awakens in the morning until she’s finally able to lay her head on a pillow. Whether or not she gets help from spouse and family is a major problem. Mom doing most, if not all the work at home. These women are just plain worn out.

1 Like

Am I too understand that you help these mothers out. I see this so much nowadays.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it… I am not qualified to talk about anything.

1 Like

I have a comment on this quote:

“An empire fails when men become weak, women become strong and children become unruly”.

1. I don’t think that measuring the success of an empire is the best way to measure a good society.
  2. All people should aspire to be strong. Strong women are essential to a productive society.
  3. China limits the amount of time children can have access to technology screens, so should the US. Children need more resources and attention. Parents should work fewer hours.

As a way to contribute to the discussion. I like this quote:

“Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” Tolstoy

Though it is interesting to point to social factors as contributing to relationship failure, I think that for couples the reasons are unique and relate to the productivity of the energy exchange between people.

1 Like

@aurajenn
I agree with some of your assessment but it doesn’t make my quote any less valid.
As for limited tech access and parents working fewer hours, I’m sure they’d love that arrangement.