Philip K Dick speech (interpreter edited out) in Metz, France, 1977

6 Likes

Thank you very much, Neru, for posting this.

2 Likes

The nightmarish fruit of postmodernism.

1 Like

According to my own understanding, heā€™s an unstable mind exploited to ground the foreshadowings of the worse future in reality, via the influence of his works on peopleā€™s minds. He mistook it for a worse past though, which it would be from an inner perspective, but which makes no sense in the physical world. What he says around 17 minutes about a perpendicular timeline having been changed in the past is incoherent. Heā€™s too grounded in linear time really to grasp its interaction with ā€˜innerā€™ time.

Good fiction writer; terrible theologian.

Oh I so love Philip Richard and listening to this again.

Hereā€™s the full transcript of the speech: ā€œIf You Find This World Bad, You Should See Some of the Othersā€ -Philip K. Dick (1977) ā€“ Quantum Businessman](ā€œIf You Find This World Bad, You Should See Some of the Othersā€ -Philip K. Dick (1977) ā€“ Quantum Businessman

The penultimate truth about Philip K. Richard

1 Like

I had his Blade Runner interview ready to go this morning before even seeing thisā€¦

Outstanding!
In fact, Flow My Tears, The Policemen Said; has always been my favorite PKD novel. This speech adds a whole new perspective. Iā€™m just going to have to read it again. Itā€™s been many years now, and ā€œourā€ times are certainly what PKD is referring to. He probably wouldnā€™t be surprised that such ā€˜evilā€™ has already played out, and is still moving forward linearly.

Thanks for the link!
A real treasure!

1 Like

English version: Blade Runner The Final Cut ( 1982, Ridley Scott) Subt. EspaƱol : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Hereā€™s the movie. Scrip is also available on Archive. Blade Runner (1982) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1 Like