The Sun seems dim today

The sun appears to have dimmed significantly today 10/14/2023.
At high noon today, when the sun should be glaring, especially here in Colorado at 6300’ elevation, it barely had the power to illuminate the world around me.
The weather conditions are perfect, no cloud cover, and surprisingly, there were no Chemtrails this week, which happens in these parts every Wednesday, like clockwork.
Has anyone else noticed this lack of brightness in the sun today? I can’t remember ever seeing anything like it before.

2 Likes

The annual solar eclipse?

3 Likes

There is an eclipse today : )

4 Likes

We didn’t look up (too busy extracting quills from a Great Pyrenees nose) but noticed the dimming and then the clouds turned very pink. Not sure we would have really noticed if we weren’t looking for it.

2 Likes

I went through life and never witnessed an eclipse. :open_mouth: I read about it but never experienced it like this.
I have been racing through life, never stopping to look around. I wonder what else I have been missing.

3 Likes

It’s quite an experience. I almost decided to become an eclipse chaser with my then 24 year old grandson who was stoked after the 2017 viewing.

Calmer heads and budgets ultimately prevailed over the years since then. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also I hate to sound like an old grandma,(I am though). Please wear good eye protection if you become a fan of eclipse gazing.

5 Likes

I just realized that I have been buried so deep in materialistic worries, that I totally forgot where I live.
I thank the universe for this wake-up call.

Bless you, E.O., the Cosmos and Nature are very patient. It’s never too late to drink in their beauty.

3 Likes

Here’s an explanation of what happened today. I didn’t see anything different here in northwestern PA (we were closing down a cottage for the season) for there was an overcast and drizzle rain all day.

https://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/2023-annular-eclipse-guide

2 Likes

Creativity is intelligence having fun. Albert Einstein

With thanks to Antoni Cladera over at PhotoPills

1 Like