Gifs, Memes and Moderation

The mind is important but God only knows how to talk in Hebrew and Greek.

2 Likes

Yes, plus to handsome men with handsome minds.

Are you not able to read the posts that were flagged?

That may be because of the confusing “trust tier” system, to me there is a link to “view ignored content” on all three those posts, I have them recorded can post a screen shot if you want to read what was written there.

It may be for anyone on trust tier #2 or #1 they don’t have a link for that, confusing I didn’t know about that. The statements were directed to the site administrators they might want to reply.

No, that doesn’t seem to be the problem, everything posted can be seen even to anyone without a login.

This is a problem with written words, even if they aren’t being censored much easier to disregard completely everything that has been written in books or any other medium.

Reason to say things out loud instead of writing is the way to go.

No problem, most of the content posted is of no consequence in the real world and changes nothing.

Here is last post saying goodbye in July:

July? It’s now October, B! I guess I lost track of him myself, but I figured he has many Giza friends. Is there’s anything I can do? There’s a lot I don’t know. Thanks for the update, B. I’m sorry for what happened with Cool, too, a great addition to the site. There’s a lot of talent leaving, apparently, according to neru and other friends. Let’s reflect ourselves, send light to those who are away, and let God weigh in. :candle: :candle:Alicia

1 Like

I suppose most of us are here to shed cobwebs of ignorance. But while for some “flagging and using sites digital properties” is seen as mere structuring and regulating to be more coherent in form, others might experience it different. Not all of us forumites live in peaceful places, some of us live at flashpoints where regulary pogroms occur with all the baggage that comes with.

Sadly, while all pogroms are sanctioned only a handfull are recognized and permitted to be talked about. Most pogroms don’t make it into the history books or are at best footnotes. The sorrow that comes forth due to it is real and painfull and doubly so when it is not recognized as even taking place. Maybe flagging is sincere felt by others as censoring.

Just something to ponder.

Well you could try to talk to him, I guess he is still here and reads some posts.

1 Like

I don’t think that was the case for Cool Hand, he was inviting more flags before he left referencing the fact that he was a paying subscriber as if this would mean people can flag everything he posts and that would mean nothing.

Not to say there is not sorrow and grief that cannot be understood from a different country, and for some the word “flagged” might immediately mean someone is trying to censor them.

@Bahri
I wasn’t referring to CoolHandLuke, but he did post a worthwhile documentary and maybe just maybe you should take note!

Another good docu from a different perspective;

1 Like

ok

1 Like

This is a privately owned website. The owners can make whatever rules they want and change them whenever they like. Paying a monthly membership fee gives one the privilege of full access to everything the website offers except shares in the ownership of the website.

3 Likes

BINGO! @bluenose
Yes Sir!

@thebeaver
People are doing that anyway, so sensor, plaque and ask for removals all you want!

@neru “People are doing that anyway, so sensor, plaque and ask for removals all you want!”

Doing what anyway? You didn’t say.

F7l7SwmXEAAGPZh

1 Like

This seems appropriate… The Gentleperson’s Guide to Forum Spies | Ronald Thomas West

2 Likes

That is key, Giza isn’t a member-owned co-op.

2 Likes

Man that’s a lot of info to stuff in my head and remember. Better solution, stay away from Forums, except this one of course.

2 Likes