Revised Hypothesis: The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and BRICS, An Inseparable Pair?

India Out?!

The man in this first video tells us what the world is thinking and we all know it’s true. Start at minute 5:30.

Does the constant flooding in India have anything to do with possible promises made to Modi by USA?
“New and better infrastructure if you join us instead of BRICS.”
I have no idea really, just thinking aloud. If you watched the first video in the post just above this one, you understand why I ask the question.

1 Like

Fires reported in Yukon Territory now. Maybe I just missed them the first time but map really didn’t show any. Guess they got them now.

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/report

This article was posted to Dr., courtesy of V.T.
Posting it here also to keep fire reports consolidated.

@thebeaver
A local crew was sent out there on July 16 for a 2 week stint. I haven’t heard a peep since then. The media sure is quiet on the fire front (Canadian) lately.

2 Likes

Thank you @bluenose !
Please do keep us informed.

1 Like

If I were Modi/India, I wouldn’t pledge to BRI, USMCA or anyone else.
Let them come to India and then hope India drives a hard bargain.

Oh yeah, something going on here! Access to sea, room for tracks or other transport. Will Mexico be Mexit or stay in USMCA? Wonder if Mexican Rep will be invited to BRICS? Have to wait and see.

Associated Press

Mexico’s president offers to buy US company’s coastal property for $375 million to end dispute

FILE - Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador speaks at the National Palace in Mexico City, Jan. 10, 2023. Mexico’s president says he has offered to buy an American company’s Caribbean coast property for $385 million to end a bitter, years-long dispute. President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said Thursday, July 27 that a format offer would be presented to Alabama-based Vulcan Materials. (AP Photo/Fernando Llano, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Updated Thu, July 27, 2023 at 7:44 PM CDT

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s president said Thursday that he has offered to buy an American company’s Caribbean coast property for about $385 million to end a bitter, years-long dispute.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said a formal offer would be presented to Alabama-based Vulcan Materials. The company operated gravel extraction pits at the Yucatan peninsula site before López Obrador’s administration closed them.

The company said it had not yet received the president’s proposal or responded to the idea. In papers filed for a case before an international arbitration panel, Vulcan Materials valued the almost 6,000-acre (2,400 hectare) property, located just south of the resort town of Playa del Carmen, at $1.9 billion.

López Obrador said his much lower offer was fair and based on a government assessment. He said the most attractive part of the property was the freight shipping dock, which he plans to turn into a dock for cruise ships.

As the only significant port facility on that stretch of the Caribbean coast, the dock would also be useful for transporting gravel and cement for the president’s massive train construction project, known as the Maya Train.

López Obrador said he also wants to use the flooded gravel pits that the company dug out of hundreds of acres of the limestone soil as “swimming pools” or an “ecotourism” area that would be operated as a concession by a private operator.

The huge pits are inhabited by crocodiles, which are a protected species in Mexico.

López Obrador left open a vague threat of seizing the property if the offer wasn’t accepted by the time he leaves office in September 2024.

“Before I leave (office), this is going to be resolved, one way or another,” he said, adding that the company would have to agree to drop its damages-seeking cases before the arbitration panel as part of the deal.

In 2021, Mexico’s environment ministry closed Vulcan’s limestone quarry and forbade the company from exporting stone that was long used in U.S. and Mexican building projects. The president accused the company of extracting rock and exporting it without proper permits. Vulcan said it had the needed permits.

In March, the U.S. State Department said it was “concerned about the fair treatment of our companies in Mexico” after Mexican police seized the cargo terminal on Vulcan’s property.

Police held the port and used it to unload cargo from a Mexican cement and aggregates company, Cemex.

The president has publicly sparred with Vulcan for over a year. The dock at Punta Venado would allow cement, crushed stone and other materials to complete the Maya Train project to reach the area. Because there aren’t any local supplies of crushed stone needed to stabilize the tracks, López Obrador has been forced to import the stone, known as ballast, from Cuba.

Ships carrying the Cuban ballast have had to dock at the port of Sisal, on the Gulf of Mexico side of the Yucatan peninsula, and have their cargo trucked about 180 miles (300 kilometers) to some train construction sites.

The only private freight dock on the Caribbean side that could handle the Cuban shipments, and other shipments of cement and steel, is the one owned by Vulcan.

The 950-mile (1,500-kilometer) Maya Train line is meant to run in a rough loop around the Yucatan Peninsula, connecting beach resorts and archaeological sites.

López Obrador touts the train as a way to bring some of Cancun’s tourism income to inland communities that haven’t shared in the wealth. But there are no credible feasibility studies showing tourists would want to use the train.

If these are “wildfires”, they’re the most strategic fires I’ve seen.

Haven’t seen everything in my life but enough to know better…

Hundreds of wildfires have spread across western Canada so far this year, burning more than 27 million acres — surpassing a previous record of approximately 17.5 million acres in 1995.Jul 19, 2023

1 Like

Note: There is no formal announcement by Mexico that they have joined BRICS, yet, there are stories all over internet saying they have. As far as I can tell, numerous countries have applied to BRICS and have yet to be accepted. I’m being very careful of the information I post here in order not to be misled.

If Mexico is accepted by BRICS, if they have applied, look for some real shenanigans by Biden folks. It would be a major hit to USMCA.

https://mexicodailypost.com/2023/05/29/brics-could-enter-latin-american-markets-if-mexico-accepts-new-currency/#:~:text=Mexico%20and%2018%20other%20countries,new%20countries%20into%20the%20bloc.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard from the crew sent out on July 16? Those fires are enormous.

@thebeaver
They arrived home July 29. I haven’t talked to any of them yet.

1 Like

@bluenose
Thanks much. Glad they’re home safely.

1 Like

We can expect to see fires break out from the main line to the south in-between larger cities such as Edmonton, etc., if I’m remembering the old map correctly, which I saw at least a decade ago. The fires should extend to the northern border of The USA; perhaps even intrude into The US, thanks to USMCA. Don’t know if it will happen this year but surely next year at the latest.

Well lookie here!

Oh, of course it’s Chinese! LOL! A town right in the middle of prime Ag land and known for it’s fruit production. Some authorities were alerted by a hose?! Give me a break! Remember that what’s being printed is what media has been told; no independent investigation, at least not yet. Same pictures used in all the articles I’ve seen thus far and almost exact wording; little variance.

How are they getting rid of the contagion? The entire building and everything in it has to be destroyed, IF this is for real. What perimeter distance will be set around the area? It would not surprise me to see govt officials shutter that entire town. I have to wonder if part of that area will need to be burned?!

Is NATO/Ukraine losing to Russia so badly they have to divert our attention with yet another incident? No doubt in my mind that TPTB want to clear California as much as possible. Is this the start of a new, alleged outbreak that will be used to lock us down again? Biden Admin. is also angry with China because Xi isn’t cooperating with Yellen, Blinken and Nod-off Kissy.

This all smells to high heaven and it ain’t because of dead rats. Real rats are alive and pushing the narrative.

Associated Press

Erratic winds challenge firefighters battling two major California blazes

1/4

California Wildfires

This photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve shows a tanker making a fire retardant drop over the York fire in Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California’s Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

2/4

California Wildfires

In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, smoke billows on the north end from the York fire in Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California’s Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

• 3/4

California Wildfires

In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, the York fire burns in an area of the Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California’s Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

• 4/4

California Wildfires

In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, the York fire burns in the background on the Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California’s Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (C. Willoughby/National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

[
This photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve shows a tanker making a fire retardant drop over the York fire in Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California's Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)
](javascript:void(0))[
In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, smoke billows on the north end from the York fire in Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California's Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)
In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, the York fire burns in an area of the Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California's Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (Park Ranger R. Almendinger/ InciWeb /National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)
In this photo provided by the National Park Service Mojave National Preserve, the York fire burns in the background on the Mojave National Preserve on Saturday, July 29, 2023. A massive wildfire burning out of control in California's Mojave National Preserve is spreading rapidly amid erratic winds. Meanwhile, firefighters reported some progress Sunday against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations. (C. Willoughby/National Park Service Mojave National Preserve via AP)
](javascript:void(0))

Updated Sun, July 30, 2023 at 7:33 PM CDT

MOJAVE NATIONAL PRESERVE, Calif. (AP) — A massive wildfire burning out of control in California’s Mojave National Preserve was spreading rapidly amid erratic winds, while firefighters reported progress against another major blaze to the southwest that prompted evacuations.

The York Fire that erupted Friday near the remote Caruthers Canyon area of the vast wildland preserve crossed the state line into Nevada on Sunday and sent smoke further east into the Las Vegas Valley.

Wind-driven flames 20 feet (6 meters) high in some spots charred more than 110 square miles (284 square kilometers) of desert scrub, juniper and Joshua tree woodland, according to an incident update. There was zero containment.

“The dry fuel acts as a ready ignition source, and when paired with those weather conditions it resulted in long-distance fire run and high flames, leading to extreme fire behavior,” the update said. No structures were threatened.

To the southwest, the Bonny Fire was holding steady at about 3.4 square miles (8.8 square kilometers) in rugged hills of Riverside County. More than 1,300 people were ordered to evacuate their homes Saturday near the community of Aguanga that is home to horse ranches and wineries.

Gusty winds and the chance of thunderstorms into Monday will heighten the risk of renewed growth, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection said in a statement.

One firefighter was injured in the blaze, which was 5% contained.

Here we go. It’s either / or…

“Given the state of relations between US and China, we cannot remain an ally of The US and at the same time remain in The BRI.” - Stefanini, Italy’s former Ambassador to NATO.

(This brings me back to the question of how Germany (G7 member) managed to be one of the largest European beneficiaries of China’s BRI, who uses Germany’s largest inland port, WITHOUT Germany joining BRI? Hmm…)

@thebeaver
Apparently we may now have ‘fire years’ not fire seasons. The narrative has just moved up a notch.

2 Likes

@bluenose
Thank you for posting this, even if it sickens me to see this happen in Canada.
There’s a definite Plan here. Clearing the initial paths. What I wouldn’t give to find that map I saw that decade or so ago.

I’m hoping someone will keep an eye on migration of workers to that area. Not yet, but soon…

1 Like